Ubisoft seems to be missing the point here...

#31GoombaXPosted 7/20/2013 11:27:28 PM
gamebuyer22 posted...
fhsfootball74 posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
They're not missing the point, because it's their sole point to take stabs at Nintendo.

Ubisoft did exactly the same with the Wii. First praise it and say they support it a lot. Then it turns out they were just making quick cashgrabs. Then they blamed the Wii/Nintendo for low sales.

This is true

People actually believe this?? Thats disturbing. I swear Nintendo fans have victim mentality.

Shall I go over a sony fans mentality? I can assure you it is the most frowned upon in the gaming community.
---
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: MvC 2, AC:NL, Last of Us, MMX Collection, Ico hd Collection
#32nonexistingheroPosted 7/21/2013 1:14:51 AM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
They're not missing the point, because it's their sole point to take stabs at Nintendo.

Ubisoft did exactly the same with the Wii. First praise it and say they support it a lot. Then it turns out they were just making quick cashgrabs. Then they blamed the Wii/Nintendo for low sales.

Lies.

You are trying to say that Ubisoft released ZombieU on Wii U exclusively with fore knowledge that it would flop just so they could "take stabs at Nintendo." That's got to be the dumbest "logic" I've seen on gamefaqs in a good while. If they knew before hand that the Wii U would not be embraced by gamers, they wouldn't have wasted the money on an exclusive title. Rayman Legends for the best example.

You should learn what big business is about before you said ignorant crap like that.

Use some damn logic or reading comprehension -__-
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#33NeoMonkPosted 7/21/2013 1:17:54 AM
Rayman could have been a huge flagstaff game for WII U owners instead... They lost me...
I ain't buying it... to me UBI is the NEW EA
Yes they have some cool games... but I'll only buy 1 or 2 of their games per year...
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#34DarkAdonis123Posted 7/21/2013 12:41:16 PM
So you guys are gonna boycott Rayman Legends because it's now been made to a larger audience? Even though during the delay they've added a ton more content? Yep, this board makes no sense as usual.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#35SlimeSwayzePosted 7/21/2013 12:41:51 PM
steerepike posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...
Lots of delusional people in this topic just making of stats and facts with absolutely nothing to back it up. Ubisoft knows how to run their business better than anyone here, which is why they are running their business and people here are just sharing their crazy thoughts on a message board.

...except that they really don't. They are letting Rayman Legends get lost in the holiday avalanche just like they did with Rayman Origins. I'm sure that the critics will love it, and I'm sure that it will be a great game. I would have bought it back in February. It would have been top (read alone) of my list. In September? Who knows if I'll ever buy it? My list is long from August to December, and every year the things at the bottom of that list get forgotten forever. There are hoardes of gamers just like me in that regard.

However, that's not really a Ubisoft problem. It's an industry-wide problem where everyone is too stubborn to to not gamble in that time. It really does need to stop.

You are one of the people I mentioned in my earlier post. You make a few generalizations and think that you know what's best for Rayman in terms of sales, but really, you're just parroting what lots of other bitter Wii U owners were saying when the game was delayed. I was disappointed at the time, too, but I understood why they did what they did.

The only safe assumption is that the game will have significantly more lifetime sales as a multiplatform title. That's the safe bet, and for a company that wants to make money and continue to produce successful games moving forward, they want to go with the safe bet, as opposed to releasing a game exclusively to a console that so far has not made much of an impact in the market, and that's putting it nicely.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#36Dr_FacerPosted 7/21/2013 12:44:11 PM
fhsfootball74 posted...
They're talking about how Wii U was only 3% of their sales the last 3 months, but I must ask what was the last game released by them on Wii U? They haven't released a single Wii U game in 7 months, what do they expect? So far they've released AC III (a port) ZombiU (exclusive but received mixed reviews) Just Dance 4 (cheap cash grab).

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/07/ubisoft-wii-u-sales/

You have no idea og how businesses work, do you?

I'll leave it at that, since it's incredibly obvious that you do not.
#37Dr_FacerPosted 7/21/2013 12:44:32 PM
fhsfootball74 posted...
They're talking about how Wii U was only 3% of their sales the last 3 months, but I must ask what was the last game released by them on Wii U? They haven't released a single Wii U game in 7 months, what do they expect? So far they've released AC III (a port) ZombiU (exclusive but received mixed reviews) Just Dance 4 (cheap cash grab).

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/07/ubisoft-wii-u-sales/

You have no idea of how businesses work, do you?

I'll leave it at that, since it's incredibly obvious that you do not.