Any news on atlus?

#11XmasSantaClausPosted 7/21/2013 12:42:28 AM
Ranmaru-2 posted...
Read this:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/18958/20130719/atlus-bankruptcy-nintendo-persona-5-acquisition.htm

The way things are looking, it seems likely that nintendo will get them.

I read it from top to bottom and it was nothing but a wishful thinking.
#12DeathSnipe777Posted 7/21/2013 12:48:55 AM
We'll know next week.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#13MikeachuPosted 7/21/2013 12:51:27 AM
Chocobo115 posted...
Atlus has also gone out telling the fans that all ongoing project will go on unchanged

So did Lucasarts, look how that turned out.
#14LightHawKnightPosted 7/21/2013 1:02:35 AM
Chocobo115 posted...
Atlus has also gone out telling the fans that all ongoing project will go on unchanged.
Which could mean that Index will keep Atlus and not put the developers up for sale at all.
I don't think Atlus themselves would be so sure if they were going to go up on sale, with the risks of being bought up by Sony/nintendo/MS.

Why would MS ever buy Atlus? Since when have they cared for JRPGs?
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#15blankempathyPosted 7/21/2013 1:07:10 AM
LightHawKnight posted...
Chocobo115 posted...
Atlus has also gone out telling the fans that all ongoing project will go on unchanged.
Which could mean that Index will keep Atlus and not put the developers up for sale at all.
I don't think Atlus themselves would be so sure if they were going to go up on sale, with the risks of being bought up by Sony/nintendo/MS.

Why would MS ever buy Atlus? Since when have they cared for JRPGs?

They have in the past tried to bring jrpgs to their system. Tales of Vesperia, Last Odyssey, Square exclusives like last remnant/ infinite undiscovery. Even getting versions of games first such as star ocean ( I think) and Eternal sonata. In more recent years they seem to be giving up on the jrpg market though.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler