Trying to decide what to play

#11Mandrew257Posted 7/21/2013 5:42:29 PM
Last Story.
It doesnt cost 100+ dollars. Plus its really good.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where my opinion is wrong, and your opinion is right.
#12FFXIgaiaknightPosted 7/21/2013 5:44:45 PM
the last story is about 20-30hrs, Xenoblade is 60+ hrs with tons of side quests to do also i prefer Xenoblades story alot more.
---
3DS FC: 4124-5007-1536
NNI: Gaiaknight
#13HayashiTakaraPosted 7/21/2013 6:19:34 PM
The Last Story, it's a shorter game overall, my first time through took close to 50hrs simply cause I liked taking my time and doing every thing possible. But yeah, you'll more than likely spend much more time on Xenoblade, so get the shorter game out of the way first.
#14jrb363(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 6:46:46 PM(edited)
Thanks everyone! I decided to go ahead and check out Xenoblade Chronicles tonight and I'm hooked! I did put The Last Story in earlier this afternoon but had to leave after a few min of playing. (I own both, just going through my backlog this summer.)

Xenoblade grabbed my attention with the crisp graphics and bright colors. I'll definitely take my time enjoying both of them though, but I've decided to play Xenoblade first. Thanks again!
---
YamiYugi4400: Your words wound me my lovely Zero
Spookyryu: Indeed, pretty strong words, you should call an ambulance wii u wiiii uuu
#15Fabled_LegendPosted 7/21/2013 7:01:12 PM(edited)
Last Story has a new game plus mode, starting over with current levels and items intact and stronger monsters. A online mode, that can be composed into a battle royal, team mode or hunt bosses for rare items (Though at this point, you may barely find any modes at all now since the game's been out a long time, i.e meaning most people have moved on). The average single playthough is 40-60hrs, combat is real time button combinations. There isn't much free roam, dungeons are mostly linear and the city is the only place you're going to be roaming most of the playthough.

Xenoblade has new game plus in that you can chose to keep stats and gear plus some additions, but I think there was a flaw that didn't impress most is some options were meshed into the keep current level choice pretty much ruling out restarting at level 1, In-game Achievement system if you're a fan of those, combat is close to a active time system, you use skills and they have various cooldowns, a future system that occurs in combat letting you know when a enemy is going to use a deadly attack on a party member(s) with countdown, and you try make steps to prevent it. Average playthough is 50-100 hours, 50 is skipping sidequests entirely. Games free roam, each area is massive, you're usually rewarded for exploring.

*edit* Am a slow typer :(
---
hmmm a signature, what is the importance of a signature anyways, is it writing your name on it huh?
#16jrb363(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 8:28:24 PM
Fabled_Legend posted...
Last Story has a new game plus mode, starting over with current levels and items intact and stronger monsters. A online mode, that can be composed into a battle royal, team mode or hunt bosses for rare items (Though at this point, you may barely find any modes at all now since the game's been out a long time, i.e meaning most people have moved on). The average single playthough is 40-60hrs, combat is real time button combinations. There isn't much free roam, dungeons are mostly linear and the city is the only place you're going to be roaming most of the playthough.

Xenoblade has new game plus in that you can chose to keep stats and gear plus some additions, but I think there was a flaw that didn't impress most is some options were meshed into the keep current level choice pretty much ruling out restarting at level 1, In-game Achievement system if you're a fan of those, combat is close to a active time system, you use skills and they have various cooldowns, a future system that occurs in combat letting you know when a enemy is going to use a deadly attack on a party member(s) with countdown, and you try make steps to prevent it. Average playthough is 50-100 hours, 50 is skipping sidequests entirely. Games free roam, each area is massive, you're usually rewarded for exploring.

*edit* Am a slow typer :(

No problem, I really enjoyed reading that! Thanks for the help! :)
---
YamiYugi4400: Your words wound me my lovely Zero
Spookyryu: Indeed, pretty strong words, you should call an ambulance wii u wiiii uuu