Reasons Wiiu is not selling

#111deathslovePosted 7/22/2013 12:24:10 PM(edited)
1-7: True
8. lack of games
9. no universal account system
---
Final Fantasy XIV, XV, and KH3- PS4
#112ChokusetsuPosted 7/22/2013 12:24:25 PM
Yeah, Wii U's online service is poor. I mean, how could you be rich if you charge no money to be used?
---
De arimasu
#113cavebear56Posted 7/22/2013 12:32:08 PM
I liked Drake Fortune his games were great.

Drake Fortune is very much like Indiana Jones but has a better name.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#114JKatarnPosted 7/22/2013 12:32:26 PM
LordBowser posted...
JKatarn posted...
pbayne22 posted...
I think its simply down to awareness and marketing.

Everyone in the world knew what a wii was and did, but I reckon only about 1 in a hundred understand that the wii u is a completely new console

Along those lines I'm dumbfounded that Nintendo closed down the Nintendo Channel on the Wii - here you have a perfect conduit to sell the Wii-U (and Nintendo accessories and games) to casuals, Nintendo fans, and lapsed purchasers and you shut it down? Who exactly is making the decisions at that company?

It makes sense to shut down the channel when no one is using it any longer. What doesn't make sense is their decision to shut it down so soon. It would have made more sense to shut it down a year after the Wii U's release when it was certain to be irrelevant as everyone would have moved on to Wii U that still used Nintendo products. Obviously, not everyone has yet, so it was a bit premature.

Not necessarily - you're forgetting that the bulk of the Wii audience were casual gamers or lapsed gamers, not necessarily diehard Nintendo fans, that bought the Wii because of the motion control novelty. There's certainly no guarantee that they will adopt the Wii-U within a year (if ever), but I imagine they will boot up the Wii from time to time for a game of Wii Sports or some other party game. Anyway, keeping that channel going on the Wii would make such users more aware/aware of the Wii-U, whereas now they will most certainly be in the dark. These people aren't going to visit gaming news sites/Nintendo.com for the latest news.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#115KOTRwhoopsPosted 7/22/2013 12:41:47 PM
NathanDrakeSwag posted...
1. Overpriced
2. Outdated underpowered hardware
3. Lack of storage space
4. No third party support
5. No blu-ray
6. Poor online service
7. Gimmick controller that nobody cares about

None of this matters if it has good games to offer, which it doesn't.... yet.
---
PLAYING - Dishonored (PC), Fire Emblem: A (3DS), LOZ: Ocarina of Time (3DS)
MOST WANTED - GTAV, Lightning Returns, FFXV, Watchdogs, X, KHIII
#116LordrvPosted 7/23/2013 1:27:40 AM
You guys seriously think third party support makes a difference? No Nintendo home console since the SNES has had good third party support... Nobody buys Nintendo for 3rd party, I mean nobody.
#117Warmonger222Posted 7/23/2013 1:29:25 AM
Aight
---
Sega is what EAin't - Crazy_Tank51
Wont buy a non-Nintendo console until people stop pretending Nintendo doesn't count.