What's better: Metroid Prime or Wind Waker? Which should get the Wii U release?

#21TroutPastePosted 7/21/2013 5:33:04 PM
Metroid Prime. Just played through it for the first time, only got 73%. I'd love to accomplish the 100% alternate ending.... but I'm going to buy Echoes first.

Unlike WW, it picks up towards the end. They both have collections...hated WW's.
---
Now Playing: F-Zero GX, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv59/poliwogs1982/castaway_zps1f73f0e6.png
#22SoaringDivePosted 7/21/2013 5:38:03 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
SoaringDive posted...
They're different. Neither is better than the other. Your line of thinking is why this gen has been so homogenized and bland.

I sometimes wonder how people get through life without the ability to make a comparative analysis.

"Metroid Prime is better because I liked it more" is not comparative analysis. Not only that, but they both strive for completely different things, so it isn't like one is inherently superior to the other.
---
Check out my sound cloud! I write orchestra pieces, sometimes piano solos: https://soundcloud.com/soaringdive
If the link isn't there, it's 'cuz I edited :/
#23james_hellerPosted 7/21/2013 5:41:29 PM
It's crazy that both these games still look beautiful today, well at least IMO.
---
Xbox Live GT: Relentless x757
#24BrianCraigSmithPosted 7/21/2013 6:04:34 PM
What's better: Metroid Prime or Wind Waker? Which should get the Wii U release?

1) Wind Waker is already coming out in HD, so Metroid Prime should be next.
2) I wish they'd re-release Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door in HD next as well.
---
PSN: Handsomistic1
#25crowe_1Posted 7/22/2013 6:39:34 AM
Sharky8 posted...
The Gamecube is my favorite system. Pikmin and Mario are my favorite video game series of all time. Pikmin is my favorite series on the Gamecube. Mario (other) games are some of my favorites on Gamecube: Mario Party, Strikers, Paper Mario, etc.

Now, I had not played Wind Waker or Metroid Prime when they were originally released. I only got around to trying them this month.

I attempted to play Wind Waker for more than 1 hour and just couldn't get into it. Investing about that same amount of time into Metroid Prime showed me that game is superior.

How do other Nintendo fans feel? Which game do you like best? I know Zelda fans are very divided over which Zelda game is the best, but Metroid fans almost unanimously believe Prime is the best game in the series.

So how come Wind Waker is getting the Wii U release?

I think Metroid Prime was the best game of the 6th gen of consoles, with RE4 coming in a close second. Wind Waker is amazing too, though (top 10 if not top 5), and probably more deserving of a remake as MP has already been re-released as a part of MP Trilogy.

Also, Metroid fans most certainly do not unanimously agree that Prime is best in the series. Super Metroid gets just as much love if not a little more than Prime. Some also prefer Fusion and Zero Mission.
---
My SSBM combo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crowe1