Real men don't need "mature" games to be mature

#21SlimeSwayzePosted 7/22/2013 11:45:31 AM
There's nothing wrong with preferring a game that does not restrict itself just to fit into a certain age range. There are certainly lots of juvenile M-rated games, but there are also a lot of amazing ones, and many of them would not be as good if they had censored themselves or cut content in order to appeal to all ages. This has nothing to do with being mature, it has to do with being stupid, and quite frankly this topic is just that.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#22XWolfOPosted 7/22/2013 11:51:44 AM
vashtricham posted...
XWolfO posted...
I wasn't going to post in this topic, but...

vashtricham posted...
ashcrv posted...
Because real men feel that way no matter what.
Keep whining about "kiddy" games you insecure little girls.

But they can prefer them for story, atmosphere, setting, gameplay and difficulty

There's just too much wrong with this one post.

First of all, the so called kiddy games don't all play the same.

Second, not all so called mature games have such an amazing story.

Third, literally all game series have different settings. It doesn't matter if it's mature or not, and I can prefer the setting of one cute game over a different cute game. Same can be said about dark, gritty games too.

And fourth, difficulty really doesn't mean crap. A mature game can be easier than a kiddy game, or vice versa.

The ratings really don't mean a thing. People can play whatever they want and prefer the games over other games for many different reasons.

Basing your preferences on ratings is just idiotic and makes you look like a child.

That would be all.

And there is so much wrong with your post. Its called preference, i prefer the setting and atmosphere, gameplay in most mature games. I prefer more difficult games which i find in more abundance with mature games. No where did i say all mature games are more difficult. No where did i say they play the same or talk about ratings. No where did i day they all have amazing stories.

You implied it, that's enough to get me going. You might want to word it differently next time.

Nothing wrong with preferences, but you did make it seem like you believed all those things.

I apologize if I upset you.
---
Don't hesitate. When the time comes, just act.
#23turtlej-manPosted 7/22/2013 11:59:16 AM
In my experience, it's always the most immature people that flock towards the "mature" rated games.

I find that pretty funny.

They often dismiss any game based solely on looks, and not whether it's actually fun to play. If it's got an over abundance of violence/gore, cursing, and/or nudity.. they WILL buy it.

Pretty "mature" mindset, huh?
---
If a Killer Instinct 3 is never made....AT LEAST PUT THE FIRST 2 ON XBLA!!!!!
#24vashtrichamPosted 7/22/2013 12:02:40 PM(edited)
XWolfO posted...
vashtricham posted...
XWolfO posted...
I wasn't going to post in this topic, but...

vashtricham posted...
ashcrv posted...

But they can prefer them for story, atmosphere, setting, gameplay and difficulty

There's just too much wrong with this one post.

First of all, the so called kiddy games don't all play the same.

Second, not all so called mature games have such an amazing story.

Third, literally all game series have different settings. It doesn't matter if it's mature or not, and I can prefer the setting of one cute game over a different cute game. Same can be said about dark, gritty games too.

And fourth, difficulty really doesn't mean crap. A mature game can be easier than a kiddy game, or vice versa.

The ratings really don't mean a thing. People can play whatever they want and prefer the games over other games for many different reasons.

Basing your preferences on ratings is just idiotic and makes you look like a child.

That would be all.

And there is so much wrong with your post. Its called preference, i prefer the setting and atmosphere, gameplay in most mature games. I prefer more difficult games which i find in more abundance with mature games. No where did i say all mature games are more difficult. No where did i say they play the same or talk about ratings. No where did i day they all have amazing stories.

You implied it, that's enough to get me going. You might want to word it differently next time.

Nothing wrong with preferences, but you did make it seem like you believed all those things.

I apologize if I upset you.

I didn't imply those things you assumed them. The topic title is real men dont need to play mature games and i replied with no but they can prefer them for those reasons because they find the qualities they are looking for in a game more so in mature games then games made for a wider audience. You can prefer a more mature setting and atmosphere, you can prefer the type of gameplay found in more mature games, you can prefer harder difficulties which can be found more so in mature games then games developed for a wider audience. You are the one that took it the way you did.
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#25SebVettelPosted 7/22/2013 12:07:16 PM
Kromlech06 posted...

Yea man adults have no time for games. Vita's game library fits that lifestyle perfectly.

Lmao.
#26XWolfOPosted 7/22/2013 12:20:10 PM
vashtricham posted...
I didn't imply those things you assumed them. The topic title is real men dont need to play mature games and i replied with no but they can prefer them for those reasons because they find the qualities they are looking for in a game more so in mature games then games made for a wider audience. You can prefer a more mature setting and atmosphere, you can prefer the type of gameplay found in more mature games, you can prefer harder difficulties which can be found more so in mature games then games developed for a wider audience. You are the one that took it the way you did.

Now see? You're implying that mature games are harder. They aren't.

Work on your wording a bit, then we'll talk again, ok?
---
Don't hesitate. When the time comes, just act.
#27cavebear56Posted 7/22/2013 12:30:26 PM
vashtricham posted...
ashcrv posted...

Mature isn't a genre, well it is but not in the way your teen mind believes it to be.

Convoluted doesn't mean "deep".
Drama doesn't mean "adult".

Seven Samurai is far more mature than something like Inception. One movie covers a broad range of what being human is while the other thinks adult is being super serious.

Your post was purely childish as you gave no examples. Mature isn't a genre. They don't all share common traits. Vanquish, Alpha Protocol, Deus Ex, Binary Domain, Metro 2033 and Dishonored all deal with different themes and that theme isn't "mature" or "adult".

Your pitiful excuse to actually state examples just shows you have nothing but please, keep to your ignorance. Keep thinking Little King's Story and A Boy and His Blob deal with less adult themes than Lollipop Chainsaw or Gears of War.

At least that way any new people to these boards will be able to tell how completely clueless you are when it comes to what constitutes being adult or mature.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.