Nintendo buying Atlus will guarantee the Wii U wins the upcoming console war.

#1wraith-squad66Posted 7/22/2013 12:02:12 PM
It's a move of almost Machiavellian genius on Satoru Iwata's part. His business acumen and foresight is simply unrivaled in the video game industry. Securing the makers of a AAA franchise like SMT/Persona will all but ensure that a massive amount of Sony's customer base will defect and pledge allegiance to the Big N. This, coupled with the rest of Nintendo's already outstanding first-party lineup and a far more attractive price and innovative hardware, will push the Wii U to the head of the pack. By this time next year, the Wii U will be dominating the PS4 and the Xbox One the same way the Wii dominated the PS3 and the 360, mark my words. It's a great time to be a Nintendo fan.
#2ChokusetsuPosted 7/22/2013 12:04:06 PM
No it won't.

In fact even if Nintendo owned every major Japanese company with more than 15 years of existence they still would have a tough competition.

It's mainly western developers that make the competing consoles so popular over here... Why do you think there is so much hatred on "weaboo" games lately?
---
De arimasu
#3SegavsCapcomPosted 7/22/2013 12:05:40 PM
A niche company making niche games will totally save Nintendo!

Right guise? GUISE?!
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#4AxccelPosted 7/22/2013 12:07:26 PM
I'm sorry, I couldn't read all that with a straight face
---
PSN: EZed2587
B/W2 : 1464 6554 6021
#5Zero280Posted 7/22/2013 12:10:38 PM
Chokusetsu posted...
No it won't.

In fact even if Nintendo owned every major Japanese company with more than 15 years of existence they still would have a tough competition.

It's mainly western developers that make the competing consoles so popular over here... Why do you think there is so much hatred on "weaboo" games lately?

meh I guess I'm the opposite then because I can't stand most of the western games.
---
3DS Friend Code 5069-3942-1786
#6ChokusetsuPosted 7/22/2013 12:12:37 PM
Zero280 posted...
Chokusetsu posted...
No it won't.

meh I guess I'm the opposite then because I can't stand most of the western games.

I prefer japanese games myself but most of the biggest sellers in the west now are western games... And everytime a japanese game that doesn't tries to westernize itself gets released, everyone seems to criticize it.
---
De arimasu
#7Banjo2553Posted 7/22/2013 12:12:51 PM
Buying a third-party that specializes in niche JRPGs guarantees a win? I really don't think so.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#8DoramiPosted 7/22/2013 12:13:37 PM
The giveaway to the OP being a joke post is where he claimed Atlus makes AAA games.
---
"Why do ppl say Steam/PC has DRM? The only thing steam does is prevent piracy, and there's nothing wrong with that." - Oil_Rope_Bombs
#9deathslovePosted 7/22/2013 12:14:54 PM
Not really, didn't the DS and 3DS ones sell 20-30k each? No one cares.
---
Final Fantasy XIV, XV, and KH3- PS4
#10cavebear56Posted 7/22/2013 12:22:02 PM(edited)
SegavsCapcom posted...
A niche company making niche games will totally save Nintendo!

Right guise? GUISE?!

When someone says a market doesn't exist. As you're implying.

It means it's ripe for the pickings.

You actually have no business sense do you?

Since you know Games Workshop closed down years ago because no market exists for miniatures! Same with PP a company that found a niche and is doing well with it!

And those are companies that make little toy soldiers.

There you go I taught you something and saved your parents whatever a 3 credit hour course goes for today. Now go and impress your friends. Or continue to spout nonsense and exaggerations.

On topic:

Guarantee? No, but it'd help quite a bit.

---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.