So, why is Other M canon and the Prime series not?

#121AiddonPosted 7/24/2013 9:58:36 AM
NettoSaito posted...

But Prime is considered to be a part of the canon. It takes place before Super Metroid if I remember right.

They take place in between Metroid 1 and 2...which just makes all sorts of plot holes. Like why exactly did Ridely willingly go DOWN in power by taking out his cybernetic enhancements? Seriously, the Prime series had a rock STUPID narrative when you get down to it.
#122john_the_IIIPosted 7/24/2013 10:04:47 AM
I thought the prime series happened after the first metroid
#123AceMosPosted 7/24/2013 10:05:30 AM
Aiddon posted...
NettoSaito posted...

But Prime is considered to be a part of the canon. It takes place before Super Metroid if I remember right.

They take place in between Metroid 1 and 2...which just makes all sorts of plot holes. Like why exactly did Ridely willingly go DOWN in power by taking out his cybernetic enhancements? Seriously, the Prime series had a rock STUPID narrative when you get down to it.

not really the cybernetics where not doing him ANY good

and you really want to bring up plot holes

other M has plot holes in its own story little alone to the franchise
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#124wiiking96Posted 7/24/2013 10:07:15 AM
Aiddon posted...
NettoSaito posted...

The Pirates must have not been able to salvage any substantial organic parts of Ridley after Corruption, due to the GF occupying the Pirate Homeworld, meaning that they just had to clone him with some DNA or something. With Meta Ridley, it was stated that the Pirates were able to recover some parts of Ridley from Zebes after Zero Mission to make a cyborg out of.

And Ridley couldn't have willingly chose to how to be revived; he was dead during the process.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#125CrystalKing5426Posted 7/24/2013 10:16:11 AM
wiiking96 posted...
Oh, I see what's going on: I have presented so many arguments to Panda that he can't refute, that he took the cowardly route and just ignored me.

CrystalKing, please re-post all of my relevant posts from this topic in one post so that he can see them and actually participate in the argument at hand.

I remember Big Isaac making a more concise version of those plot holes in another topic. I'll see if I can dig it up.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Evil King of the Zelda Wii U Board
#126CrystalKing5426Posted 7/24/2013 10:17:59 AM
Found it:

Big_Isaac Posted
there's many more questions about much more crushing plot holes in that picture that I'd like to have answered if you can.

if you're having trouble choosing, I'll help you. I even added a few questions of my own:
1 if space pirates are just savage beasts who need to be controlled by Mother Brain's telepathy in order to function as an organization, then how did they manage to rebuild Mother Brain after Samus blew her up in Zero Mission?

2 if Mother Brain is the culmination of the knowledge of the chozo, then how did the GF manage to recreate all of her functions and stuff it all into the head of a cyborg that's about 100 times smaller than the original?

3 why does MB have super strength? what use could this possibly have, given that her intended function is to sit in a command room and telepathically bark out orders to Metroids?

4 why does MB, an experimental robot with inexplicable super strength and the ability to telepathically control every single monster on the station, not have any sort of emergency shutdown command or kill switch?

5 why did those 2 researcher guys take MB to get her mind wiped against Bergman's will? she's supposed to be in charge of the entire friggin facility, but somehow she not only seemed to be unaware of the plan to wipe MB's mind, but also seemed to have no authority to stop or protest it. why? how?
adding to that, why did those morons forcefully drag her out of the room even though they must have known that she has super strength? why would they not be the slightest bit subtle about it? "hey MB, we have a firmware update for you. with that one, you'll be compatible with netflix and twitter. please plug your head into this console for a minute" but NOPE, brute force it is. worked out beautifully, didn't it?

6 why was James in Adam's platoon? if Adam's platoon simply picked up the distress signal from the bottle ship coincidentally while on a routine patrol or something, then why was there a trained assassin among Adam's boys? and how did he know that he was supposed to kill everyone?
if James was put into Adam's platoon by colonel Imabadguy AFTER receiving the distress signal, then why did he send out Adam in the first place? why not send a whole platoon full of James...es instead? that way you don't have to murder your own soldiers and you have 6 dudes to sort out your mess instead of just 1

7 why did James attack Samus? with his mission still far from complete, why did he take the enormous risk of attacking a woman who routinely fights friggin cthulhu monsters? if it was only about taking out the witness that was with her at the time, then why did he make himself such a grand spectacle by rolling in riding on a forklift the size of the moon? why not just lay low, wait for an opening and then shoot her with his rifle or freeze gun?

8 why did he AGAIN directly confront MB after Samus left to look for sector zero?
after Samus left the room, James could have taken his sweet time aiming from that elevated position he had and shoot MB in the back of the head. instead, he alerts MB to his presence by slowly but loudly walking down the stairs.

9 how did MB survive her encounter with James, and how did James die? we learn later that MB has a severe weakness to both small caliber fire arms AND freeze guns, both of which James has in his arsenal. so much so that a single shot is able to kill her, so how was MB able to overpower him?

have fun

---
#127CrystalKing5426Posted 7/24/2013 1:01:48 PM
Panda ran off again?
---
#128Purging_FlamePosted 7/24/2013 1:05:16 PM
He's objectively wrong. It's not like he can argue back.
---
Failing at life this hard should be a ToS violation. - TennCaseys Encore
if you have standards it just lowers the amount of stuff you can enjoy. - yusiko
#129P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 7/24/2013 1:43:08 PM
Argue what?
---
NNID: Ko-san
"SUUUPERRR!"
#130wiiking96Posted 7/24/2013 1:47:41 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Argue what?

Against what CrystalKing just quoted in his post.

Against the claim that the story of Other M is horrendous.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!