I'd be sad if any first party bought Atlus.

#1VyersPosted 7/22/2013 10:51:22 PM
It'd really eat into their profit potential if they were stuck on only one or two consoles.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#2Baha05Posted 7/22/2013 10:52:23 PM
Well someone needs to buy them.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#3kingbadjoPosted 7/22/2013 10:54:21 PM
Vyers posted...
It'd really eat into their profit potential if they were stuck on only one or two consoles.

uummm... they are bankrupt.
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#4ChokusetsuPosted 7/22/2013 10:54:28 PM
You don't know that.

Some companies actually expanded after being acquired by Sony or Nintendo.

Take a look at Retro Studios for instance...
---
De arimasu
#5BuretsuPosted 7/22/2013 10:55:09 PM
I'd be sad if any first party other than Nintendo bought Atlus.

I'd be happier if a good third party bought Atlus. That way, Sony fans can get all the Persona they want, while Nintendo fans can continue to enjoy everything else Atlus makes.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#6uberking422Posted 7/22/2013 10:58:43 PM
Buretsu posted...
I'd be sad if any first party other than Nintendo bought Atlus.

I'd be happier if a good third party bought Atlus. That way, Sony fans can get all the Persona they want, while Nintendo fans can continue to enjoy everything else Atlus makes.

I agree with this. I'm just not sure who we could trust to not force Atlus to conform to the modern AAA mentality that's poisoned the industry in recent years.
#7Shadowbird_RHPosted 7/22/2013 10:59:30 PM
Of the 1st parties, Nintendo would be best, considering both the Wii U and the 3DS. MS would be worst considering how well received Xbox is in Japan. Being bought by a 3rd party would possibly grant them the freedom to develop on any platform, but that and whether or not titles would be localized would likely be decided by whoever they were bought by.

Considering that Nintendo has published Dragon Quest games in the US even when SquareEnix wasn't willing to do the job themselves, that we did eventually get Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower, and the deal going on with Fire Emblem: Awakening and SMT4, I have no doubt that Nintendo would be the best home for Atlus.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#8SlimeSwayzePosted 7/22/2013 11:00:51 PM
kingbadjo posted...
Vyers posted...

uummm... they are bankrupt.

The company that owns them is bankrupt. It's not Atlus' fault they mismanaged their business.

Anyway, I don't think there is any way this sale will turn into a positive for gamers. But any of the console makers buying Atlus would be awful.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#9poo111111111111Posted 7/22/2013 11:02:21 PM
To be honest. With the way Third Parties are dealing with Nintendo if anyone else bought Atlus we'd likely find that any Atlus games would immediately stop and instead go to Microsoft.
#10demesjos2Posted 7/22/2013 11:06:22 PM
I hope Atlus finds a way to become independent. They are a developer and a publisher for a lot of other developers in japan. I don't think Nintendo has the money to invest in a studio at the moment. Yes Nintendo has a lot of money in the bank but they are in an operating loss for the first time ever and their share holders might not like them spending a lot of money to buy up Atlus.
---
PSN Demes Pawn Molly lvl 190+ Ranger