I'd be sad if any first party bought Atlus.

#21ElectricMolePosted 7/23/2013 1:17:56 AM
Marvelous AQ needs more rpgs. They'd be perfect. And theyre loaded with cash. Or Kadokawa Shoten.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#22Monkmaster79Posted 7/23/2013 1:22:49 AM
Marblesbunbun posted...
GamerRaf posted...
Sony is the only one I see that will do good with Atlus.

Well supposedly SMT5 is already in development for the 3DS, meaning it would have to be ported to the Vita if Sony bought it, and the 3DS version scrapped.

Where the hell did you hear that?
---
Fans. Crazy Titanic fans. - Junpei - 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
Stop quoting people on my ignore list!
#23Chocobo115Posted 7/23/2013 1:25:22 AM
Monkmaster79 posted...
Marblesbunbun posted...
GamerRaf posted...

Well supposedly SMT5 is already in development for the 3DS, meaning it would have to be ported to the Vita if Sony bought it, and the 3DS version scrapped.

My guess is that he might have mixed it up with the Persona 5 domain registration. But I'm unsure.
---
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
#24Warmonger222Posted 7/23/2013 1:34:47 AM
I'd be sad too, I could think of A LOT better ways to spend money. Like buying a new car, buying some new games or throwing the money off a bridge.
---
Sega is what EAin't - Crazy_Tank51
Wont buy a non-Nintendo console until people stop pretending Nintendo doesn't count.
#25MarblesbunbunPosted 7/23/2013 1:51:53 AM(edited)
Monkmaster79 posted...
Marblesbunbun posted...
GamerRaf posted...

Literally, a crazy person who always seems to be right about insider information, but... I take everything they tell me with a grain of salt.
I usually fact check them but.. yet it seemed accurate with the recent release of 4.
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#26Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 1:46:37 AM
HayashiTakara posted...
Vyers posted...
Why does Nintendo need to be Atlus' home?

I'd much rather see a competent third party buy Atlus. More money for Atlus > less money.

Competent third party? Do they exist anymore?

Capcom? lol lets not go there

Namco? lol, localisation

EA? lol the devil

Activision? lol another EA

Ubisoft? hmm, maybe but they don't do RPGs

"insert other western publishers"? Business models just won't mesh well.

XSeed/MMV? Probably the best to take over, but they're as small as Atlus so doubt they can afford to.

NiS? Same as MMV

Square-Enix? lol, no god please no.

Okay

Valve?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#27Sirian_HawkPosted 7/23/2013 1:58:22 AM(edited)
Marblesbunbun posted...
To late, it's pretty much already confirmed Nintendo is buying Atlus
http://www.latintimes.com/articles/6597/20130722/atlus-bankruptcy-nintendo-2013-index-corporation-tensai.htm#.Ue4tMG1YRnA

Ugh. Will people PLEASE stop linking to articles that use that damn digital times trash article as the source. One guy made an article saying essentially "Nintendo IS going to buy it because I say so" (with no other evidence than that), and it just gets repeated by all these other sites who don't even bother checking.

Nothing is confirmed. Nothing. As much as I would be fine with Nintendo buying Atlus, there is nothing to suggest Nintendo is even considering it other than baseless speculation.

Addendum: And no, I do NOT want to see Atlus going to Sony. With Sony having to sell things off and lay off thousands of employees just to keep the losses under a billion last year, Atlus would be just as bad off there. The very reason they are being sold is because their parent company was terrible with money, so... yeah, let's stick 'em with Sony because that'll be a lot better...
---
Welcome to Earth. It's chock full of stupid people doing stupid things. Constantly.
#28kingrat2314Posted 7/23/2013 2:04:53 AM
Marblesbunbun posted...
To late, it's pretty much already confirmed Nintendo is buying Atlus
http://www.latintimes.com/articles/6597/20130722/atlus-bankruptcy-nintendo-2013-index-corporation-tensai.htm#.Ue4tMG1YRnA

That was nothing but an almost exact regurgitation of the terrible idigital article.
---
New Modest Mouse album - 2014!
Final Fantasy XV is going to be one of the best Final Fantasy games.
#29R_ChampPosted 7/23/2013 3:02:27 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...
kingbadjo posted...
Vyers posted...
It'd really eat into their profit potential if they were stuck on only one or two consoles.

uummm... they are bankrupt.

The company that owns them is bankrupt. It's not Atlus' fault they mismanaged their business.

Anyway, I don't think there is any way this sale will turn into a positive for gamers. But any of the console makers buying Atlus would be awful.

Doesn't really matter that it wasn't Atlus' fault. There's not a single 3rd party that would be good for Atlus. Nintendo is the only one that would still allow them a good amount of freedom to developer their own games, with it also being likely that those games get localized.

There's no reason to believe that Nintendo would give them any more freedom than Sony would. If anything I think Sony would give them even more freedom to do what they like.

Play Station All Star freedom VS. "X" freedom

A mediocre game that sent a dev to it's doom VS. one of the best and most original JRPGs projected this gen...

I know Sony fans love Persona, but Sony constantly shuttering dev doors doesn't look promising at all. That, and an Etrian Odyssey without a second screen would be heresy. Persona would be the same mediocre graphics and gameplay with great story no matter what system it's on. Sony just doesn't make as much sense right now, ABSOLUTELY during the PS2 era, not so much now.
#30Emerald_MeliosPosted 7/26/2013 8:15:10 PM
Vyers posted...
It'd really eat into their profit potential if they were stuck on only one or two consoles.

What if they decided to focus on one console anyway due to install base?