Nintendo stock: sell now or wait

#11tizzywilkillyouPosted 7/23/2013 7:15:19 AM
mylose64 posted...
good luck finding someone to buy your stock.

Even if it's worth a lot, you still need a buyer. They are pointless without one.

The hell are you talking about? He probably has a modern brokerage account.. you don't need to go out and "find a buyer". You can see the bid/ask for NTDOY in real time almost anywhere. Assuming this is just a half-assed attempt at trolling Nintendo. Not very well done.
#12MilesTeg420Posted 7/23/2013 7:23:31 AM
Definately wait. If Animal Crossing NA release can cause a spike, Pokemon most certainly will as well. 3DS will be pushing big numbers this holiday with that, Zelda, and Mario Party along with the other software released beforehand.

Also Wii U has nowhere to go but up. Even when the new consoles release, it will still be selling more than it is currently.
#13PigfartsPosted 7/23/2013 7:30:15 AM
soarcadia posted...
Well?

research, look online and grab there last 8 quarter financial reports and see if you think the company is trending up or down.

Do you believe that in the near future nintendo will release good or bad news. Good/bad news can change the price of stock really quickly. Are you looking for short term gains or an investment?
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#14SpookyryuPosted 7/23/2013 7:33:34 AM
I can tell that you have to wait, every nintendoom news is lowering the price of the stock, but as we already see pikmin 3 moved the console, and even though the last quarter was not that good, I think this quarter nintendo will see some increase on the price, so the trend until next year is the stock will be up, last week has increased 4% one of the best close since 2011, so I 'll say wait
#15HayashiTakaraPosted 7/23/2013 7:37:52 AM
DBPanterA posted...
andrea987 posted...
Ask Pachter.

Pachter did say he believes Nintendo should hit their projected mark on the 3DS. He is not sure on the Wii U. . .

The fact that major video game sites are talking about Animal Crossing (a game I simply do not understand) is also a big deal.

Pachter said the 3DS would bomb and the Vita would reign supreme /eyeroll
#16lonlonmilkloverPosted 7/23/2013 7:38:13 AM
Never do anything just because somebody TELLS you to do it. Make up your own decision by analyzing the market, the trends, past history... be involved in every bit of Nintendo business news you can.

Every single console release from Nintendo for the last 2 decades has resulted in a slow yet eventual gradual increase in stock value - drastically - about 2 to 3 years after the console release.

This is NOT a guarantee that there will be another drastic increase. It IS proof that Nintendo knows how to make money, and shows their trends and patterns. The trick is spotting if they are continuing down that same road.

Flux Capacitors are out of stock, so you'll have to do your best with the information you find.
---
www.backloggery.com/lonlonmilklover
#17HayashiTakaraPosted 7/23/2013 8:08:15 AM
I'm more surprise that someone would come to a gaming message board to seek financial advise...
#18SpookyryuPosted 7/23/2013 8:12:04 AM
HayashiTakara posted...
I'm more surprise that someone would come to a gaming message board to seek financial advise...

actual financial analyst doesn't know the market that well, I recall someone posting a video where analyst doomed nintendo when sega entered the market, so probably it's better to have a financial advise from the market itself, I know most of the people doesn't know about financial market, but some people like me that we have little knowledge we can help
#19iKhanicPosted 7/23/2013 8:25:43 AM
No way I'm selling now. The console is just starting to gain momentum. Maybe I'll sell at $20
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#20emp_345Posted 7/23/2013 8:28:21 AM
I currently own ~30 shares of NTDOY which I purchased back in 2006. Here's my advice:

Nintendo stock isn't a volatility play; aka buy low, sell high. The stock price generally (except for post-Wii release) remains pretty steady. So unless you have many shares, you really won't see much of a benefit. Where you do make a healthy return on your investment is with their dividends.

For those who don't know, a dividend is a percentage of net income (profit after tax) that a corporation chooses to 'give back' to the shareholders. For Nintendo's last FY13, the dividend was 100 yen a share; roughly $1.10/share. That means that I received $33 from Nintendo last fiscal year.

This 100 yen is during an albeit poor year (this latest upswing is because, in my opinion, Nintendo hit rock bottom so it's all up from here.) During the good years, they use to be closer to 500-700 yen a share. In this way, you can see that over the course of you holding on to your shares (which you probably paid some ~$12-14) it makes a lot of sense for you to wait and cash out on the dividends.

What's important to note is that corporations aren't obliged to give dividends, but Nintendo is one that does almost exclusively. Generally corporations like Apple, who's stock has a lot of volatility won't give out dividends (albeit this year they did, but that's another story entirely.)

tl;dr Nintendo isn't about price volatility, it's about long-term gains from dividends. I recouped my initial investment and made a handsome profit, although I paid $33/share. So hold and wait for the quarterly/yearly dividends.
---
(b^_^)b or
(p-_-)p