Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the second worst selling 3D Mario game

#1MilesTeg420Posted 7/23/2013 8:17:36 AM
Behind only Sunshine. This makes me sad. Galaxy 2 released when the Wii had sold at least 70 million consoles, yet it was outsold by Galaxy handily which released just a year after launch. 100 million userbase and Galaxy 2 can't beat Galaxy, M64, or 3D Land. Just two million more than Sunshine, which came out on a console which only sold 21.7 million.

Galaxy 2 was the ultimate 3D Mario but it's sales don't reflect that. Maybe that's why Nintendo brought 3D Mario down this road for Wii U. After all, 3D Land has already sold more than Galaxy 2 in less than 2 years since release at over 8 million.

To all those out there that loved Galaxy, but didn't buy the second one, please don't complain about 3D World not being what you want. You didn't buy Galaxy 2, the greatest 3D Mario, so you have no leg to stand on.
#2Ponypower12Posted 7/23/2013 8:18:41 AM
It's also on the market the shortest.
#3GloryChaosPosted 7/23/2013 8:20:38 AM
http://board8.wikia.com/wiki/F-Zero_GX
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#4EndgamePosted 7/23/2013 10:36:04 AM
SMG2 isn't the best 3D Mario

SMG1 is

SMG2 is just leftover SMG1 stages and some pretty damn horrible ones (lolFluzzard, lolBattle Belt Galaxy, lolcopypasting Stone Cyclone Galaxy, lol making Luigi's Purple Coins easier)

if anything, SMG2 showed Nintendo that they don't actually have to TRY any more, and thus, we got lazy uninspired 3D Land
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#5Rupin_SalesmanPosted 7/23/2013 10:37:30 AM
Endgame posted...

SMG1 is

SMG2 is just leftover SMG1 stages and some pretty damn horrible ones (lolFluzzard, lolBattle Belt Galaxy, lolcopypasting Stone Cyclone Galaxy, lol making Luigi's Purple Coins easier)

if anything, SMG2 showed Nintendo that they don't actually have to TRY any more, and thus, we got lazy uninspired 3D Land

I agree, SMG1 was vastly superior to 2.
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#6soarcadiaPosted 7/23/2013 10:42:06 AM
Endgame posted...

SMG1 is

Dumbest post yet from you?
---
Skies of arcadia>>>>>>>>>>> final fantasy 7
#7Rupin_SalesmanPosted 7/23/2013 10:43:20 AM
soarcadia posted...
Endgame posted...

SMG1 is

Dumbest post yet from you?

You should see him go on about Lissa.
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#8MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 10:45:02 AM
Ponypower12 posted...

3D Land has actually been on the market the shortest and has already surpassed Galaxy 2.
#9fon1988Posted 7/23/2013 10:47:12 AM
So now we all know why Super Mario 3D World was announced for the Wii U instead of Super Mario Galaxy 3. Nintendo saw the "3D" series being a bigger potential seller instead of the "Galaxy" series.
---
NNID: PoisonShroom
#10soarcadiaPosted 7/23/2013 10:47:51 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Ponypower12 posted...

3D Land has actually been on the market the shortest and has already surpassed Galaxy 2.

Ah yes. I was not sure you would count that though.
---
Skies of arcadia>>>>>>>>>>> final fantasy 7