Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the second worst selling 3D Mario game

#11BMD1990Posted 7/23/2013 10:48:12 AM
Rupin_Salesman posted...
Endgame posted...
SMG2 isn't the best 3D Mario

SMG1 is

SMG2 is just leftover SMG1 stages and some pretty damn horrible ones (lolFluzzard, lolBattle Belt Galaxy, lolcopypasting Stone Cyclone Galaxy, lol making Luigi's Purple Coins easier)

if anything, SMG2 showed Nintendo that they don't actually have to TRY any more, and thus, we got lazy uninspired 3D Land

I agree, SMG1 was vastly superior to 2.

I also agree
---
Spoilers for next week's RAW
Shield Wins
#12Aura_SpherePosted 7/23/2013 10:49:34 AM
BMD1990 posted...
Rupin_Salesman posted...
Endgame posted...

SMG1 is

SMG2 is just leftover SMG1 stages and some pretty damn horrible ones (lolFluzzard, lolBattle Belt Galaxy, lolcopypasting Stone Cyclone Galaxy, lol making Luigi's Purple Coins easier)

if anything, SMG2 showed Nintendo that they don't actually have to TRY any more, and thus, we got lazy uninspired 3D Land

I agree, SMG1 was vastly superior to 2.

I also agree

hear hear
---
3DS FC - (0748-2142-5452)
#13The_Shadow_LinkPosted 7/23/2013 10:50:34 AM
soarcadia posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
Ponypower12 posted...
It's also on the market the shortest.

3D Land has actually been on the market the shortest and has already surpassed Galaxy 2.

Ah yes. I was not sure you would count that though.

Logged into the wrong account did we?

Unfortunately sales has equated to quality. It's nice when it does but it doesn't always happens. An Awesome game like Psychonauts barely sells whilst some garbage like Just Dance becomes a franchise imediately. Ugh...
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#14Golden MavenPosted 7/23/2013 10:52:47 AM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
An Awesome game like Psychonauts barely sells whilst some garbage like Just Dance becomes a franchise imediately. Ugh...

Psychonauts doesn't have wide appeal. I don't think anyone expected it to be some sensation.
#15HaloOfTheSun442Posted 7/23/2013 11:00:03 AM
The Galaxy games are the worst of the 3D Mario games.
#16mr_rush101Posted 7/23/2013 11:05:23 AM
soarcadia posted...
Endgame posted...

SMG1 is

Dumbest post yet from you?

SMG2 might as well been an expansion pack, they were trying to keep everything the same as the first one and it came off pretty repetitive.
---
I'm better than SolidStryder
#17iKhanicPosted 7/23/2013 11:17:25 AM
I haven't bought it yet because I'm not paying 50 dollars for new levels for a game I already have with a few new mechanics.

When I can get it for 30 dollars, I'll buy it.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#18AKC12Posted 7/23/2013 11:22:09 AM
mr_rush101 posted...
soarcadia posted...
Endgame posted...

SMG1 is

Dumbest post yet from you?

SMG2 might as well been an expansion pack, they were trying to keep everything the same as the first one and it came off pretty repetitive.

It could have been an expansion pack, sure, but SMG 2 was simply more enjoyable to me and had a good amount more challenge. SMG 1 was easy besides a few of the purple coin challenges. Oh and it had Yoshi too.
#19iKhanicPosted 7/23/2013 11:29:22 AM
Endgame posted...

SMG1 is

He's right. You say SMG2 is better than SMG1 when the former just takes the mechanics of the latter and builds better levels out of it with a few new powerups, while the latter was considered revolutionary and is considered to be one of the top 5 games ever made
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#20wugeezyPosted 7/23/2013 12:03:02 PM
But but but.....it has yoshi!

I enjoyed Mario Galaxy 1 more honestly. I thought Galaxy one was perfection. Galaxy 2 was more of the same, which is fine since the first 1 was awesome.