Online Classics Virtual Console. My body is ready.

#11Retrowire(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 12:56:53 PM
Baha05 posted...
aj_hacker87 posted...
Wouldn't this idea require actual effort on there part? and money?

This, it would be far too costly to try and rework a ton of games like that. Though it might give Nintendo some advantages over other VC titles.

No need to do a ton. How big is their 3D Classics library for example? 6 Games. That's it.

All they'd need to do is recode some select games with some additional options for online play.
---
I'm not a Nintendo Fanboy, I'm a Nintendo FANMAN.
#12Retrowire(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 12:58:58 PM
aj_hacker87 posted...
Wouldn't this idea require actual effort on there part? and money?

Well so does the 3D Classics titles. They required effort and money. What's the problem?

The 3D classics titles are not just rom's ported over, they had to go back and program each 2d sprite to occupy a certain layer within the 3D effect, for example, made somethings background and some others foreground.
---
#13Rockman043Posted 7/23/2013 1:00:18 PM
They've been doing this for years on PS3 and xbox when they release classic games. Maybe in another 10 years Nintendo will catch up
#14Retrowire(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 1:04:03 PM
Rockman043 posted...
They've been doing this for years on PS3 and xbox when they release classic games. Maybe in another 10 years Nintendo will catch up

Really? What's your source on that? I'm not trying to troll, I'm just curious as I don't connect my 360 to the internet and my PS3 kicked the bucket yrs ago.
---
#15Rockman043Posted 7/23/2013 1:08:34 PM
Retrowire posted...
Rockman043 posted...

Really? What's your source on that? I'm not trying to troll, I'm just curious as I don't connect my 360 to the internet and my PS3 kicked the bucket yrs ago.

They've released dozens of old games like that and added online. MvC2 is an obvious one. I think the xmen arcade as well as turtles in time had online added etc etc
#16Retrowire(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 1:10:32 PM
Rockman043 posted...
Retrowire posted...
Rockman043 posted...

They've released dozens of old games like that and added online. MvC2 is an obvious one. I think the xmen arcade as well as turtles in time had online added etc etc

Hmmm... Well it is possible then! Get on with it Nintendo, I need to show off my Balloon Fight skillz.
---