Why are you people arguing AGAINST online multiplayer?

#1Vaztor71Posted 7/23/2013 4:31:45 PM
This is my biggest gripe with the Nintendo fanbase. Rather than try to understand and sympathize with people who only want the Nintendo games you love to be better and have an increased lifespan, you willingly argue against an incredible feature that allows people to enjoy the game in more ways.

Fans that argue against this seem completely unable to conceive any sort of situation where people could derive enjoyment from online play and fail to comprehend any sort of situation outside of their own. Or they just blindly accept anything Nintendo does as perfect.

Pikmin 3 is a perfect example of this flawed mentality in action. The game has been in development for NINE years. It's 10 hours long and it's a 3 player co-op game designed for ONE player. I love the Pikmin series but you guys have got to be kidding me. They had plenty of time to "flesh out the single player rather than waste resources on online play". Not to mention Miyamoto is now talking about adding DLC and I'm sure you all will buy it on day one both physically and digitally regardless of what it is. The game is begging for some form of online co-op on the "latest next gen" Nintendo console and there's really no excuse for a game at this point in time to not cater to people on such a basic level.

Not to mention all of the other slew of co-op games Nintendo has been pushing out lately, none of which contain online. Just because some of you can gather 4 people on a whim that are still willing to play Mario with you in your living room doesn't mean the rest of us shouldn't have any way to experience it ourselves. There's nothing wrong with trying to appease those people and as fans of a game series, you should sympathize with their concerns rather than vehemently argue against it because "lol Nintendo is always right"

My point is, Nintendo games are great and I love playing them. The problem is they have no lifespan. Most of my Nintendo games get beaten and maybe occasionally get replayed a few years later after collecting a ton of dust. When there are games that are just ripe for online play, it doesn't just frustrate me that Nintendo doesn't try to appeal to people like myself who would truly enjoy that addition, but it frustrates me even more that Nintendo fans will side with Nintendo on this and run through thousands of mental gymnastics to try and justify absolutely dated behavior in the year 2013. I should know better than to expect more from you guys.
---
Brawl is the best game ever.
http://i.imgur.com/MvHlH.jpg
#2PokeclipsePosted 7/23/2013 4:32:38 PM
ivysaur
---
3DS friend code: 1590-4854-5004
http://i.imgur.com/ayJYA.jpg
#3kingbadjoPosted 7/23/2013 4:34:35 PM
Nobody is against it. They are just ok without it. But we would embrace it if it were made.
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#4kuragari1anonlyPosted 7/23/2013 4:35:04 PM
Whaddyamean, "you people"?
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#5Hawke0Posted 7/23/2013 4:35:18 PM
Magikarp.
---
"Fresh Prince is the greatest thing in the history of the world. That is FACT."-DNRT people who agree:1
The One and Only True Mr.Ford
#6Hawke0Posted 7/23/2013 4:36:05 PM
kingbadjo posted...
Nobody who is rational is against it. They are just ok without it. But we would embrace it if it were made.

fix'd
---
"Fresh Prince is the greatest thing in the history of the world. That is FACT."-DNRT people who agree:1
The One and Only True Mr.Ford
#7Baha05Posted 7/23/2013 4:36:52 PM
Because again not every games needs online. Yes when they add local multiplayer it's sometimes baffling why there is no online, but just having online modes for the sake of just having them isn't a good thing.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#8P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 7/23/2013 4:38:27 PM
I only read the title

For me, there are two reasons. 1) I don't play online nearly ever, and I'd rather have the resources put towards good local or single. And 2) I realize how much devs are making crap games for the sake of having online. And I'd much rather have good single player and no online than no single player and good online.
---
NNID: Ko-san
"SUUUPERRR!"
#9GoombaXPosted 7/23/2013 4:38:49 PM
cause no one cares kid. the nintendo fanbase is older then the microsoft and sony fanbase and have lived without online games since the 80's.
There has been so much tacked on online crap that it just doesnt matter for most franchises anymore. unless the game is being built to focus on online multiplayer like Halo, then its not a big deal if it doesnt have it.
gamers these days have totally lost sight.
damn kids
---
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: MvC 2, AC:NL, Last of Us, MMX Collection, Ico hd Collection
#10BloodychessPosted 7/23/2013 4:38:55 PM
Hawke0 posted...
kingbadjo posted...
Nobody is against it. They are just ok without it. But we would embrace it if it were made.

fix'd

Double fixed!
---
I'm so sick of coming up with names for - you know what? Bonerfart. All of the them, that's right! We're calling them bonerfarts now. - Sir Hammerlock