Why are you people arguing AGAINST online multiplayer?

#121ferval100Posted 7/23/2013 10:54:06 PM
kuragari1anonly posted...
Whaddyamean, "you people"?

Morons.
---
We are the imagination of ourselves. - Bill Hicks.
http://youtu.be/u3X5f3gY4iw - Truer words have never been spoken.
#122stalemate_666Posted 7/23/2013 10:56:22 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
In one instance you need only one system and the game. In the other both people need the game, the system, online, and another television.

I'm still not getting your point. Especially considering you can look at this way, in one instance you need the game and an online connection in the other instance you need a second controller, a tv big enough for split screen and someone to come to your house.

So again what makes local only so better then online only or online and local?
---
psn: Stalemate666
#123metalmariolordPosted 7/23/2013 10:57:06 PM
I want to sleep, so I'll say few things.
First: I don't need multiplayer online, been around since SNES, so I've been a gamer for a very long time.
Second: I would like multiplayer online, since it adds replayability.

Third: The focus should be single player.

Fourth: You trolls should read the thread instead of just getting parts of comments and saying Nintendo fans are dumb, at least we don't go troll your PS4 saying that it's worse than a gaming PC.

Fifth:REALISM IN GAMES MUST DIE!
---
Do you judge games by graphics and not gameplay?Only like realistic games?
GO PLAY REAL LIFE!
#124UrukazziPosted 7/23/2013 11:14:14 PM
I didn't read the whole thread, so I'll just respond to the OP.

The answer is simple: it doesn't benefit me. I'm never going to use it, so I'd rather those resources go towards things I actually will use.

"waah but that's selfish"

So what? I'm concerned with how much I enjoy the game, not you.

"but there's already multiplayer in it, so online would be easy!"

Anyone thinking this is a fool. A ton of work, and therefore money, goes into making giving a game good online features which leaves you with three options. The budget increases, which is unlikely. Something gets cut, in order to free up the resources to make it good. Or the online is half-assed, at which point why would you even want it.
#125kingcam07Posted 7/23/2013 11:16:21 PM
GoombaX posted...
cause no one cares kid. the nintendo fanbase is older then the microsoft and sony fanbase and have lived without online games since the 80's.
There has been so much tacked on online crap that it just doesnt matter for most franchises anymore. unless the game is being built to focus on online multiplayer like Halo, then its not a big deal if it doesnt have it.
gamers these days have totally lost sight.
damn kids

A great immature post from one of our older posters.
---
psn ID: kingcam07
#126Vara_samaPosted 7/23/2013 11:25:37 PM
The discussion has been fun and all, but it's time to take my leave. To sum up:

local & online > local only > online only

If the developers have the time and the money to add both without neglecting the single player, then it's obviously the better choice. Otherwise, they're better off focusing on the game's primary aspect, rather than adding unpolished modes... because like it's been said already, it's not easy.
#127Dark_Link92Posted 7/23/2013 11:40:16 PM(edited)
I don't really play games online too often, so I'm one of those people who doesn't really care whether Nintendo incorporate online or not. Things like Monster Hunter, Call of Duty, sure. They have their play time expanded so much by online. But something you can literally complete, like NSMBU, I wouldn't want to. Maybe its because I live with my siblings, but I never really have trouble finding someone to play with, and frankly, I don't want to play NSMB with some kid breathing loudly down his mic barking orders at me on how to get to the Coin. Or killing me by throwing me off or whatever- that kind of thing is only funny in person.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#128ThatGuyZPosted 7/23/2013 11:55:34 PM
Urukazzi posted...
I didn't read the whole thread, so I'll just respond to the OP.

The answer is simple: it doesn't benefit me. I'm never going to use it, so I'd rather those resources go towards things I actually will use.

"waah but that's selfish"

So what? I'm concerned with how much I enjoy the game, not you.

"but there's already multiplayer in it, so online would be easy!"

Anyone thinking this is a fool. A ton of work, and therefore money, goes into making giving a game good online features which leaves you with three options. The budget increases, which is unlikely. Something gets cut, in order to free up the resources to make it good. Or the online is half-assed, at which point why would you even want it.

This, dear God, so much this.
---
At this point, only one word signifies me:..yes.
3DS: 5370-0900-3336/Wii-U: NewZen41
#129DormmamuPosted 7/24/2013 12:02:53 AM
GoombaX posted...
cause no one cares kid. the nintendo fanbase is older then the microsoft and sony fanbase and have lived without online games since the 80's.
There has been so much tacked on online crap that it just doesnt matter for most franchises anymore. unless the game is being built to focus on online multiplayer like Halo, then its not a big deal if it doesnt have it.
gamers these days have totally lost sight.
damn kids

I didn't read the 12 pages of replies. Everyone should just be quoting this.
#130DynheartPosted 7/24/2013 12:21:59 AM(edited)
As long as the game is good, I don't care.

I do notice that online seems to attract the younger crowd. Or at least the ones who use their mics more often. That includes Xbox Live AND Nintendo Network. I'm going to be repurchasing a PS3 so I can start on a PS3 collection. Something tells me the PSN won't bee any different.

All I hear is screeching. Useless name calling. Not because the guy cheated. But because the guy who's doing the name calling just flat out sucks. Ironically enough...he's the one saying everyone in the game sucks (you get one of these every other match..no matter the game).

Co-op online games? They are just as bad. People yelling in your year that you suck because you didn't something THEY wanted you to do....just so they can get an advantage on you. In the end...you suck (and your mom is fat).

I won't get into the boosting match games that you just happen to run into without knowing...ugh

These are but 3 out of a 1000 reasons why I barely play on line randomly anymore. I do, but on occasion. I'll play online with friends. But rather do that local co-op so we can be goofy and pause the game and BS in person. Sometimes life doesn't allow, and online comes in handy.

I'm not against it. But I'm not a big advocate of it either. The players on Xbox Live haven't given me the greatest of experiences. I want to enjoy my games on and offline. Online, a lot of the times, doesn't allow me to enjoy my games.

Now maybe I should just play without a headset/mic? To me, if I have to do that...there's no point. That's part of the experience. If that half isn't pleasant? Offline I go. That's just how I roll.
---
Currently playing: Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Wii), Kingdom's of Amalur
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ash_wwRQFno