why do ppl think if nintendo bought atlus they would ruin SMT games?

#1AceMosPosted 7/23/2013 4:39:31 PM
no 3rd party company bought by nintendo has ever lost creative freedom

infact they tend to get MORE

monlith got bought by nintendo and now they can make wtv game they want but some times they just have to put it on hold for a bit to help with a bigger nintendo project

not a bad trade off

same goes for retro studios most companys would force them to do only metroid or other such games

they wanted to do DKC returns and they did and then they wanted to make a 2nd one and they are

so yea being first party to nintendo does not hurt companys it HELPS them
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#2FayeLadyPosted 7/23/2013 4:42:12 PM
My worries aren't for Atlus' games, but with the countless other ones the localize here in the west. I doubt Nintendo would be down to localize something like Demon Souls or Dragon's Crown.

It would be a shame if they tone down the maturity in games like Persona and MegaTen, but at least we would still get them.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#3KingTurtPosted 7/23/2013 4:45:43 PM
Nobody honestly thinks that, it's just that everytime something good happens for Nintendo people need to try make up a bad reason for it in an attempt to make it less-good news.
---
http://www. change.org/petitions /square-enix-bring- kingdom-hearts-3-to-the-wiiu-alongside -the-ps4-and- xbox-one-3 [Remove any Spaces]
#4deimos91Posted 7/23/2013 4:53:28 PM
FayeLady posted...
My worries aren't for Atlus' games, but with the countless other ones the localize here in the west. I doubt Nintendo would be down to localize something like Demon Souls or Dragon's Crown.

It would be a shame if they tone down the maturity in games like Persona and MegaTen, but at least we would still get them.

From software developed Demon souls and Dark souls it technically a sequel so another one happening is unlikely but i do get your point
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#5FayeLadyPosted 7/23/2013 5:01:58 PM(edited)
deimos91 posted...
FayeLady posted...

From software developed Demon souls and Dark souls it technically a sequel so another one happening is unlikely but i do get your point

Atlus published Demon souls in North America despite the fact that it was an unproven IP here. A Nintendo owned Atlus probably would not be able to bring over such games due to the fact that it would not sell well enough for Nintendo expectations and the game would need to be ported from a rival platform adding a huge amount of cost to the localization.

Thing is, thats not even Nintendo's fault. Most other huge corporations would be in the same boat with Atlus. Atlus fills a role in gaming that few companies are in a position to take over, so that role will remain unfulfilled. The next game in a position like Demon Souls just never sees western shores.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#6b1gt0nePosted 7/23/2013 5:02:57 PM
because butt-hurt
#7KinthurPosted 7/23/2013 5:04:08 PM
FayeLady posted...

This means that nothing would change. NoA already censors both first and third party games. SMT4 for instance already has the nipples taken off Diana, the boobie monster (yes, she's made of boobies). They covered up a bikini bottom in Fire Emblem Awakening in a manner that made it look filthy.
#8NightsOwlPosted 7/23/2013 5:08:14 PM
Kinthur posted...
FayeLady posted...

This means that nothing would change. NoA already censors both first and third party games. SMT4 for instance already has the nipples taken off Diana, the boobie monster (yes, she's made of boobies). They covered up a bikini bottom in Fire Emblem Awakening in a manner that made it look filthy.

And yet these things aren't even that big of a deal.

I really don't get why people get so upset just because they don't get to see bare ass/boobs.
---
Not changing my signature until Breath of Fire VI or EBA2/Ouendan3 is announced.
People with Waifus need Laifus.
#9KinthurPosted 7/23/2013 5:11:35 PM
NightsOwl posted...
Kinthur posted...
FayeLady posted...

I really don't get why people get so upset just because they don't get to see bare ass/boobs.

Right. If Nintendo does buy Atlus - which I'm not really sure they will - I think it's going to be business as usual besides the exclusivity.
#10FayeLadyPosted 7/23/2013 5:46:41 PM(edited)
Kinthur posted...
NightsOwl posted...
Kinthur posted...
FayeLady posted...

Right. If Nintendo does buy Atlus - which I'm not really sure they will - I think it's going to be business as usual besides the exclusivity.

That in itself it a pretty big deal. Without Atlus able to localize playstation games we miss out on games like:Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner,Riviera: The Promised Land, R-Type Command, Yggdra Union, Hammerin' Hero, Class of Heroes, Steambot Chronicles: Battle Tournament, Crimson Gem Saga, Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble, Dragon's Crown, 3d Dot Game Heroes, and Demon Souls.

These games don't get moved over to Nintendo consoles as porting would be too expensive a localization process, they just don't get localized and we never see them.
---