why do ppl think if nintendo bought atlus they would ruin SMT games?

#11Sirian_HawkPosted 7/23/2013 5:42:57 PM
WTF? Don't make this stupid topic again...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/66775919
---
Welcome to Earth. It's chock full of stupid people doing stupid things. Constantly.
#12BuretsuPosted 7/23/2013 5:44:25 PM
Sirian_Hawk posted...
WTF? Don't make this stupid topic again...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/66775919

Let's just hope this one doesn't get derailed by idiots like that one was.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#13ElectricMolePosted 7/23/2013 5:58:02 PM
Dont worry, Atlus will never be owned by any first party.

You can quote me on that.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#14ORANGE666Posted 7/23/2013 6:00:35 PM
Nintendo will most definitely hire or fire staff, or make changes in a direction a game is moving in.
But that would apply no matter who bought Atlus.

The problem comes down to Nintendo's image and how they want to display themselves to the public. I really think that Nintendo would allow Atlus to self publish a lot of their games such as SMT. This keeps the series from changing and keeps Nintendo's family friendly image.

I know people bring out games like Fire Emblem as reasons Nintendo isn't as family friendly as they seen. But do those people even play these games?

Fire Emblem doesn't have blood or swearing, the plot is generic japanese crap, and doesn't take itself seriously enough to engage the player in death or the players actions.

Imagine Homer choking Bart on the Simpsons. It's an act of aggressive violence but its the way the series goes about it, not the fact that its a cartoon, is the reason why when Bart is choked no one cares about it. Not even a first time viewer.
#15FayeLadyPosted 7/23/2013 6:16:57 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
Nintendo will most definitely hire or fire staff, or make changes in a direction a game is moving in.

Not if they were bought by a non game related entity, as such that owns them now.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#16ArmedDragoonPosted 7/23/2013 8:26:29 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
I know people bring out games like Fire Emblem as reasons Nintendo isn't as family friendly as they seen. But do those people even play these games?

Fire Emblem doesn't have blood or swearing, the plot is generic japanese crap, and doesn't take itself seriously enough to engage the player in death or the players actions.

>implying that you absolutely need blood or swearing to not be "family friendly"

Genealogy of the Holy War.
---
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board.
Official Dart of the PASBR board.
#17deathwave21Posted 7/23/2013 8:36:13 PM
I don't think "people" actually think this. This is Nintendo, not M$.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#18uberking422Posted 7/23/2013 9:04:52 PM
ORANGE666 posted...

The problem comes down to Nintendo's image and how they want to display themselves to the public. I really think that Nintendo would allow Atlus to self publish a lot of their games such as SMT. This keeps the series from changing and keeps Nintendo's family friendly image.

Imagine Homer choking Bart on the Simpsons. It's an act of aggressive violence but its the way the series goes about it, not the fact that its a cartoon, is the reason why when Bart is choked no one cares about it. Not even a first time viewer.

I'm pretty sure you care when one of your best guys is dead forever...
#19AceMos(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 4:00:38 PM
bump
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#20Emerald_MeliosPosted 7/27/2013 5:53:12 PM
ORANGE666 posted...

Didn't Iwata recently say their image will be changing soon? ^_^