why do ppl think if nintendo bought atlus they would ruin SMT games?

#21GoombaXPosted 7/27/2013 5:07:27 PM
Kinthur posted...
FayeLady posted...
My worries aren't for Atlus' games, but with the countless other ones the localize here in the west. I doubt Nintendo would be down to localize something like Demon Souls or Dragon's Crown.

It would be a shame if they tone down the maturity in games like Persona and MegaTen, but at least we would still get them.

This means that nothing would change. NoA already censors both first and third party games. SMT4 for instance already has the nipples taken off Diana, the boobie monster (yes, she's made of boobies). They covered up a bikini bottom in Fire Emblem Awakening in a manner that made it look filthy.

the tip is still on the head of the wiener demon. besides this is america most rated m games have nipples blurred out.
---
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: MvC 2, AC:NL, Last of Us, MMX Collection, Ico hd Collection
#22UponADarkThornePosted 7/27/2013 5:09:35 PM
Are we sure the nipples were removed from Diana because of Nintendo, and it's not possibly an aesthetic choice by the designers? I mean, we still have our share of very phallic monsters, made all the more obvious by larger sprites, and Angel ditches her bondage outfit in Nocturne and just goes around naked save for a small top.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#23Emerald_MeliosPosted 7/28/2013 9:52:20 AM
They were removed in JP version too I believe. And if I recall right, one of the Persona games omitted Satan's nipples.
#24NettoSaitoPosted 7/28/2013 10:44:20 AM
If Nintendo buys them, what happens to their other games?

- Will Persona 1-4 be taken off of PSN?
- What will happen to Persona 4 Arena/the Arena series in general?
- What about their other games on other consoles?

On the other side. What if a company like Sony gets them? What will happen to SMT4, or SMT x FE or any other Nintendo Atlus 3DS game?
---
3DS - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | NN - [NettoSaito]
The New Netto's Game Room Forums - http://forums.nettosgameroom.com/index/
#25AceMos(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 3:02:09 PM
NettoSaito posted...
If Nintendo buys them, what happens to their other games?

- Will Persona 1-4 be taken off of PSN?
- What will happen to Persona 4 Arena/the Arena series in general?
- What about their other games on other consoles?

On the other side. What if a company like Sony gets them? What will happen to SMT4, or SMT x FE or any other Nintendo Atlus 3DS game?

persona goes to nintendo if they buy atlus its that simple atlus OWNS persona
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#26PangLaPosted 7/29/2013 3:05:58 PM
Because Nintendo sucks at localizing. And when they do localize, it's in extreme limited quantity.
#27UltraGoombaXPosted 7/29/2013 5:35:25 PM
I agree with your topic AceMos. I can't believe that there are some people that think this way. Personally, I like the fact that Nintendo is involved in making a game with Atlus since I'm a huge Fire Emblem and SMT fan. Hopefully we'll see a future crossover game involving Link and Catherine. Zelda would fight Catherine to the death for messing with her man.