I don't think kids understand that we're not against online gaming.

#1GoombaXPosted 7/23/2013 8:05:26 PM
Its that we just don't care. Older gamer's have been playing games offline since the 80's so we are used to it. Kids who started 7th have been raise around online gaming.
Having no online doesn't mean a game is ruined or bad. The fact the new generation of gamers complains so much about it means online gaming has ruined them.
Not all games need online. Last of us didn't ( great game btw tired of seeing it bashed all the time), but had it in there anyway.The point is you don't need online multiplayer to enjoy a game.
---
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: MvC 2, AC:NL, Last of Us, MMX Collection, Ico hd Collection
#2PUNCHOUT1116Posted 7/23/2013 8:06:46 PM
Way to generalize everyone who happens to want an option
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#3AwayFromHerePosted 7/23/2013 8:07:22 PM
I'd like to be able to Super Mario with my brother who lives 2,500 miles away.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#4The_BoredomsPosted 7/23/2013 8:08:04 PM
You don't need video games to enjoy life, but here we are. Get with the times old man.
---
I could care less.
#5GoombaX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 8:09:51 PM
The_Boredoms posted...
You don't need video games to enjoy life, but here we are. Get with the times old man.

23 so not that old. Online in games just doesn't matter. It was made popular by my gen and damn if kids didnt hop on our bandwagon and ask for every game to tack on some online crap every now and again.
---
#6PUNCHOUT1116Posted 7/23/2013 8:14:47 PM
You do know that if a game like, oh lets say Mario 3D World had online coop along with its local coop... you wouldn't be forced to play it right?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#7SegavsCapcomPosted 7/23/2013 8:22:29 PM
To be honest I don't like how people want to shoehorn online into everything. Single player experiences like Super Mario or Zelda or Metroid don't really need online. Granted, there are several Nintendo franchises that could benefit from online, but not every single Nintendo game needs it.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#8GoombaX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 8:22:44 PM
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
You do know that if a game like, oh lets say Mario 3D World had online coop along with its local coop... you wouldn't be forced to play it right?

Did you read the OP or even the topic title? I'm not against online (and its not like I wouldn't utilize it either) its just that most older gamer's who have grown up with nintnedo and played through all their systems and their competitors systems don't care.
If a game has it, great. If not, meh.
I can only think of one series online gaming has ruined and that is resident evil.
---
#9deathwave21Posted 7/23/2013 8:23:35 PM
I wouldn't mind if a game had an online mode, but it should not take away from the single player experience. The ADD experience that flooded 7th gen brobox/blueraystation was bs. 4 hr single player campaigns tacked on to an "online experience". Nintendo creates their games to stand the test of time, online multiplayer is not the wave of the future. Online is not new and will never replace local multiplayer. As a kid I played with my friends. Now as a parent I can play locally with my kids. My kids can play locally with their friends and play online and have equal amounts of fun.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#10UFOLochePosted 7/23/2013 8:25:09 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
To be honest I don't like how people want to shoehorn online into everything. Single player experiences like Super Mario or Zelda or Metroid don't really need online. Granted, there are several Nintendo franchises that could benefit from online, but not every single Nintendo game needs it.

...You do know people are complaining about games WITH MULTIPLAYER not having online, right? Like Super Mario 3D World? I'd like to play Mario with my friend who I've known for 7 years but have never met in person because we live on opposite ends in America, or my friend who lives in Canada, or my friend who goes to college, or...well, you get the point.
---
NNID:UFOLoche Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!