I don't think kids understand that we're not against online gaming.

#111GoombaX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 1:01:16 PM
FuRiOuS 198774623 posted...
I'm probably a bit late to this topic, but here's my belief:

Obviously, not every game should have online multiplayer. Shoehorned MP modes just aren't all that fun and take up development time that could be used to make the SP better

However, for games that are built around multiplayer (like Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Zelda Four Swords, or Super Mario 3D World), I really don't see how online multiplayer could possibly be a bad thing.

So basically, I can understand why a game like Super Mario Galaxy wouldn't have online multiplayer, and I don't think there's anyone arguing that it should have it. But for a game like Super Mario 3D World, which is clearly designed around having multiIple players, what is the harm in having online multiplayer? I know that the creator of this thread says that Nintendo fans aren't against online, but frankly that's not the impression I get from reading these forums. My first consoles were an Atari 2600 and an NES, so I'm no stranger to local multiplayer. However, time moves on, and my friends and I have all gotten older and gone our separate ways. It's not always feasible for us all to get together to play video games. That's why people want online multiplayer.

not saying its a online bad thing, im saying a game doesnt need it to be good. it would be nice to have online on sm3dw
---
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: MvC 2, AC:NL, Last of Us, MMX Collection, Ico hd Collection
#112FuRiOuS 198774623Posted 7/24/2013 1:05:07 PM
GoombaX posted...
not saying its a online bad thing, im saying a game doesnt need it to be good. it would be nice to have online on sm3dw

I agree with this sentiment, but many people on this forum do not. Like someone else said in this thread, people act like Nintendo is infallible. Take for example any given multiplayer game: If online is in the game, it's great. If online is not in the game, then people act like the game shouldn't have online and anyone who wants it should go away.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC on 6/3/2003
#113GoombaX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 1:06:54 PM
FuRiOuS 198774623 posted...
GoombaX posted...

I agree with this sentiment, but many people on this forum do not. Like someone else said in this thread, people act like Nintendo is infallible. Take for example any given multiplayer game: If online is in the game, it's great. If online is not in the game, then people act like the game shouldn't have online and anyone who wants it should go away.

they really shouldnt act like that, but they have been trolled to death so that's why they act like it.
---
#114stalemate_666Posted 7/24/2013 1:55:31 PM
GoombaX posted...
i just dont think games need online multiplayer to be good.if they have it then thats great. specially if it makes the game better. but saying a game is going to be bad because no online is just wrong

Considering not one person in this thread or any of the other related threads that I know of made the argue the games were bad because they don't have online multiplayer if that really was your stance there would have been no reason to make this thread...
---
psn: Stalemate666
#115GoombaX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 2:05:20 PM(edited)
stalemate_666 posted...
GoombaX posted...
i just dont think games need online multiplayer to be good.if they have it then thats great. specially if it makes the game better. but saying a game is going to be bad because no online is just wrong

Considering not one person in this thread or any of the other related threads that I know of made the argue the games were bad because they don't have online multiplayer if that really was your stance there would have been no reason to make this thread...

yea there was. of course they may have been trolling. either way.
also people here also seem to think nintendo fans dont want online mp and that simply isnt true either
---
#116stalemate_666Posted 7/24/2013 3:02:41 PM
GoombaX posted...
also people here also seem to think nintendo fans dont want online mp and that simply isnt true either

Feel free to quote one to prove me wrong. Of course it's not true, Nintendo fans will just attack anyone who says they want online if Nintendo doesn't put it in because apparently that's what people on this site do, defend companies...
---
psn: Stalemate666
#117GoombaX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 3:24:36 PM
stalemate_666 posted...
GoombaX posted...

Feel free to quote one to prove me wrong. Of course it's not true, Nintendo fans will just attack anyone who says they want online if Nintendo doesn't put it in because apparently that's what people on this site do, defend companies...

except im not attacking people for saying they want online. you are one to talk anyway. you have been banned twice for being an ignorant troll.
---
#118LaManoNeraIIPosted 7/24/2013 4:43:48 PM
I was raised on Nintendo and I'll support Nintendo as long as they're around but as a fan I desperately want a quality and expansive online Nintendo infrastructure like Live and PSN. And Nintendo desperately needs one.

First party Nintendo games not being online is just damn tragic. I think online Mario Lands, online Pikmin, a truly compelling online system for Smash Bros., etc would go a loonngggg way in getting Wii U's off shelves and into homes. Third party games also suffer for it. Black Ops 2's online for Wii U is absolutely pathetic.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#119Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 7/24/2013 5:16:35 PM
Feel free to quote one to prove me wrong.

Good luck with that happening.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#120GoombaX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 5:44:36 PM
LaManoNeraII posted...
I was raised on Nintendo and I'll support Nintendo as long as they're around but as a fan I desperately want a quality and expansive online Nintendo infrastructure like Live and PSN. And Nintendo desperately needs one.

First party Nintendo games not being online is just damn tragic. I think online Mario Lands, online Pikmin, a truly compelling online system for Smash Bros., etc would go a loonngggg way in getting Wii U's off shelves and into homes. Third party games also suffer for it. Black Ops 2's online for Wii U is absolutely pathetic.

i wouldnt know about blops2 online because i felt bad buying it on my 360 already, but tekken tag 2's onlinr was pretty good.........it just died very quickly
but i hear ya. they are supposedly working on an update to bring it up to xbl's lvl. lets hope they are.
---