Earthbound is so charming... but pretty hard *potential spoilers*

#1Ccrules2791Posted 7/23/2013 8:08:22 PM
I'm not someone who usually loses that much, but man have I've seen the Gameover Scene a lot.

And after getting the second character... who starts at level 1 of all things. There's a bit of grinding but the fun story and awesome sprites make it worth it.

What's up with this Pokey guy though (no spoilers)--what did we ever do to make him such a jerk!

Definitely worth the $10 easily, glad I get to experience it--even though it's a challenge.
---
Playing = Believing
#2SegavsCapcomPosted 7/23/2013 8:11:58 PM
Earthbound can be challenging. But once you get up to snuff it's a breeze.

That's the flow for most RPGs: go to an area with strong monsters and fight until you can thrash them.

Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself. And be prepared for Pokey to pull off bigger and bigger d*** moves.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#3CrystalKing5426Posted 7/23/2013 8:24:59 PM
The game has 3 cheap areas: Onett arcade, Peaceful Rest Valley, and Fourside Dept. Store.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Evil King of the Zelda Wii U Board
#4manmousePosted 7/23/2013 8:35:50 PM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
The game has 3 cheap areas: Onett arcade, Peaceful Rest Valley, and Fourside Dept. Store.

i would add the underground area with the dinosaurs too. that huuuge one has a move that can slash your life down immensely, at just the start of the fight and use it multiple times.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#5GloryChaosPosted 7/23/2013 8:45:17 PM
Onett arcade isn't that bad. But it is the beginning of the game when you just have Ness.

Porky was always kind of a bad apple.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#6Rupin_SalesmanPosted 7/23/2013 8:48:49 PM
How'd you fare against Frank Fly?
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#7ChokusetsuPosted 7/23/2013 9:00:02 PM
Ccrules2791 posted...
I'm not someone who usually loses that much, but man have I've seen the Gameover Scene a lot.

And after getting the second character... who starts at level 1 of all things. There's a bit of grinding but the fun story and awesome sprites make it worth it.

What's up with this Pokey guy though (no spoilers)--what did we ever do to make him such a jerk!

Definitely worth the $10 easily, glad I get to experience it--even though it's a challenge.

My response is spoilerific so you'd best not read the black bars. I'll post anyway in case someone else wants to know. But you only actually begin to understand why Porky becomes that way later in the game in Magicant. And it becomes much more clear in the final chapter of Mother 3.
---
De arimasu
#8CrystalKing5426Posted 7/23/2013 9:00:07 PM
GloryChaos posted...
Onett arcade isn't that bad. But it is the beginning of the game when you just have Ness.

It's only hard since you're underleveled. Fight a few one at a time and it'll be much easier.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Evil King of the Zelda Wii U Board
#9ChokusetsuPosted 7/23/2013 9:03:27 PM
GloryChaos posted...

It's only hard since you're underleveled. Fight a few one at a time and it'll be much easier.

I LOVED the arcade for early grinding. I always grind at the outside of it til level 8 or so, since it's so easy to attract big groups and soon enough you don't even need to enter battle.
---
De arimasu
#10TallWhiteNinjaPosted 7/23/2013 9:04:35 PM

**** the Department Store. No matter how many times I play the game, I'll die there at least once.
---
Either the worst great player or the best horrible player you'll ever meet.