Wii U just crossed a million units sold in Japan.

#1MMZXOPosted 7/24/2013 7:03:18 AM
Thought I'd let you guys know....
#2jbhensPosted 7/24/2013 7:05:18 AM
The amazing thing is, the 360 has been out for years and years and is barely over a million units sold, yet Japanese companies still show it more support than the Wii U. Crazy.
#3kingbadjoPosted 7/24/2013 7:08:49 AM
360 is at 1.6 mill and it's been out for what, 6 years now?
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#4Craig--aPosted 7/24/2013 7:11:57 AM
jbhens posted...
The amazing thing is, the 360 has been out for years and years and is barely over a million units sold, yet Japanese companies still show it more support than the Wii U. Crazy.

America + Europe = way more people than Japan.

More people = More potential sales.

More sales = More money.

More money means more cash to waste in the fashion health clubs.
#5jbhensPosted 7/24/2013 7:13:55 AM
Craig--a posted...
jbhens posted...

America + Europe = way more people than Japan.

More people = More potential sales.

More sales = More money.

More money means more cash to waste in the fashion health clubs.

True. Just amazing how Japanese gaming companies have changed. Years ago, they were more worried about what they released in Japan, and treated those markets much harsher. Good to see how it's changed.
#6IcedEarthaholicPosted 7/24/2013 7:17:14 AM
Well there goes the Wii U = Failure, motiff that trolls loved using.

Good to know that the number now is close to or over 4 million consoles sold, by the time the PS4/XB1 launch, I think it'll be close to 6 - 7 million Wii Us in homes by then.
---
For all things Fatal Frame join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#7jbhensPosted 7/24/2013 7:18:56 AM
IcedEarthaholic posted...

Good to know that the number now is close to or over 4 million consoles sold, by the time the PS4/XB1 launch, I think it'll be close to 6 - 7 million Wii Us in homes by then.

Waaayyyy to optimistic. You think they are going to sell 2-4 million more Wii U's in just a few months? Ain't gonna happen.
#8Craig--aPosted 7/24/2013 7:26:00 AM

I wasnt implying the Wii U was a failure, when something has a life span as long as a console you cant say it has failed within 12 months.

I was just answering why more Japanese devs make stuff for Xbox than Wii U and the answer is money, as it usually is.
#9Enigma149Posted 7/24/2013 7:28:19 AM
jbhens posted...

Waaayyyy to optimistic. You think they are going to sell 2-4 million more Wii U's in just a few months? Ain't gonna happen.

This.

Now, the Wii U will probably sell somewhere between 7 and 8 million units by the end of the year, but not by mid-November.
---
i7-4770K // EVGA GTX 770 // 16 GB Vengeance // ASUS Z87-A // ASUS BD-RE // Panasonic LS-120 // 128 GB SSD (+ HDD)
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NN, Steam: CrimsonEnigma
#10jbhensPosted 7/24/2013 7:31:06 AM
Enigma149 posted...
jbhens posted...

This.

Now, the Wii U will probably sell somewhere between 7 and 8 million units by the end of the year, but not by mid-November.

Someone else that uses common sense. Rare trait on this website.