WiiU is experiencing what PS3 went through

#1docman864Posted 7/24/2013 10:09:11 AM
not 100% the same, but I can definitely see some similarities on how they are struggling to move more units due to lack of games and price drop. We also got reports on how Nintendo staffs are still trying to catch up with HD.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#2hiphops_saviorPosted 7/24/2013 10:12:31 AM
At least the PS3 was a cheap Blu-Ray player, the Wii U literally has NO selling point until now.
#3Rasputin77Posted 7/24/2013 10:15:07 AM
My Wii U is not experiencing what my PS3 went through, which would be me being excited to play it every day.
---
The irony of GameFAQs - http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
I'm a jerk to jerks. It's a lot less complicated than you're probably trying to make it. ;)
#4docman864(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 10:19:53 AM
I remember the days of ps3 when everybody was trash talking about the system. Years later, Sony started making more announcements with exclusive titles and price drops. Those years were very painful for Sony.
---
#5tehponycornPosted 7/24/2013 10:21:33 AM
docman864 posted...
I remember the days of ps3 when everybody was trash talking about the system. Years later, Sony started making more announcements with exclusive titles and price drops. Those years were very painful for Sony.

And the console wasn't successful financially, Sony lost money making it. I don't think there'll be a Playstation 5.
---
Shulk needs to be in Smash Bros. 4, nuff said.
My roster for SSB4: http://i.imgur.com/1nmlwn9.png
#6docman864(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 10:22:51 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
My Wii U is not experiencing what my PS3 went through, which would be me being excited to play it every day.

I'm referring to all the negativity that has been floating around about the WiiU. Doesn't matter if you like the WiiU or not.
---
#7docman864(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 10:26:10 AM
tehponycorn posted...
docman864 posted...

And the console wasn't successful financially, Sony lost money making it. I don't think there'll be a Playstation 5.

They came back green in the end with the PS3. As for the PS5, it's a little to early to say, but Sony seems very happy with the PS4.
---
#8docman864(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 10:30:38 AM(edited)
If Nintendo can pull it through, regardless of what critics and analyzers say about their current state, then they will be the second company to survive in the console market. Next gen is going to be MS' turn to survive.
---
#9tizzywilkillyouPosted 7/24/2013 10:30:30 AM
hiphops_savior posted...
At least the PS3 was a cheap Blu-Ray player, the Wii U literally has NO selling point until now.

Yeah, that's probably the main reason the PS3 sold at all at that point. The attach rate was pathetic during that period iirc, which supports that idea.
#10BloodychessPosted 7/24/2013 10:33:03 AM(edited)
docman864 posted...
tehponycorn posted...
docman864 posted...

They came back green in the end with the PS3. As for the PS5, it's a little to early to say, but Sony seems very happy with the PS4.

They ended on a high note, but that doesn't erase all the money they lost. I'll kick a small mammal if there's no PS5 because Sony's other product divisions go belly up.

hiphops_savior posted...

You call $600 cheap?
---
I'm so sick of coming up with names for - you know what? Bonerfart. All of the them, that's right! We're calling them bonerfarts now. - Sir Hammerlock