WiiU is experiencing what PS3 went through

#21GamespohtPosted 7/24/2013 11:04:43 AM
Pigfarts posted...
Banjo2553 posted...
Murderstorm117 posted...
But the ps3 was incredible powerful and we knew we would get amazing games because of all the potential. Wii u not so much

I and many others think the WiiU has a lot of potential, and no, power does not equal potential.

Unfortunately if power doesn't equal potential then Wii U is really in trouble since they don't seem to be getting anything other then 1st party games. Its hard to realize the potential of a gaming system with no games. After Kart and Smash and Zelda, I don't think nintendo will release another big title for a while.

Because the 3DS was getting any big titles after Mario Kart and 3D Land right?, i think your forgetting the point of nintendo consoles
---
''No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me''-Sonic The Hedgehog
I am Gamespot's Unofficial Mascot....Love Me.
#22Kromlech06Posted 7/24/2013 11:08:51 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
My Wii U is not experiencing what my PS3 went through, which would be me being excited to play it every day.

Playing what? Lair?

Yea ok.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#23PigfartsPosted 7/24/2013 12:46:55 PM
Gamespoht posted...
Pigfarts posted...
Banjo2553 posted...
Murderstorm117 posted...
But the ps3 was incredible powerful and we knew we would get amazing games because of all the potential. Wii u not so much

I and many others think the WiiU has a lot of potential, and no, power does not equal potential.

Unfortunately if power doesn't equal potential then Wii U is really in trouble since they don't seem to be getting anything other then 1st party games. Its hard to realize the potential of a gaming system with no games. After Kart and Smash and Zelda, I don't think nintendo will release another big title for a while.

Because the 3DS was getting any big titles after Mario Kart and 3D Land right?, i think your forgetting the point of nintendo consoles

Ahh the classic "we buy nintendo consoles for nintendo games" , so which side of the arguement are you one for 3rd parties don't develope for nintendo b/c ___________(any reason that isn't "we buy nintendo consoles for nintendo games"

You are the perfect example of talking out both sides of your mouth when it fits your arguement.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#24KinthurPosted 7/24/2013 12:51:57 PM
Bloodychess posted...
docman864 posted...
tehponycorn posted...
docman864 posted...
I remember the days of ps3 when everybody was trash talking about the system. Years later, Sony started making more announcements with exclusive titles and price drops. Those years were very painful for Sony.

And the console wasn't successful financially, Sony lost money making it. I don't think there'll be a Playstation 5.

They came back green in the end with the PS3. As for the PS5, it's a little to early to say, but Sony seems very happy with the PS4.

They ended on a high note, but that doesn't erase all the money they lost. I'll kick a small mammal if there's no PS5 because Sony's other product divisions go belly up.

hiphops_savior posted...
At least the PS3 was a cheap Blu-Ray player, the Wii U literally has NO selling point until now.

You call $600 cheap?

Blu ray players were $1000 when they were introduced. There was no reason to buy one that couldn't eventually play games for $400 more.
#25JobocanPosted 7/24/2013 12:56:45 PM
Rasputin77 posted...
My Wii U is not experiencing what my PS3 went through, which would be me being excited to play it every day.

Were you even around when the PS3 was launched? It took nearly 2 years for it to get a good enough library of games to be worth buying. It was terrible (it did end up as my favorite console of the Gen by far, but the beginning was grueling).

Wii U will finally have many games worth playing just over a year into its life (though yes that first year has been pretty bad so far).
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#26mini_blightPosted 7/24/2013 1:09:23 PM
Rasputin77 posted...

You had to be in order to justify your purchase. :)
#27Dannyson97Posted 7/27/2013 9:09:23 AM
Pigfarts posted...
docman864 posted...
not 100% the same, but I can definitely see some similarities on how they are struggling to move more units due to lack of games and price drop. We also got reports on how Nintendo staffs are still trying to catch up with HD.

Well i think its way different for a few reason. For PS3 third party support never left. Also for PS3 in house development teams never had a problem with ps3 hardware.

its makes me a little nervious when nintendo directly comes out and says developing games in HD is challeging, Like welome to 2006.

Another point is that even when PS3 was struggling at their hardest times they were still moving more systems then Wii U has been for the last 5 months. Its sad when people are cheer that Wii U sold 22K and 14K for the last 2 weeks. Those are god awful numbers.

It really is the 3rd party support that kiling the Wii U, owning one I can say its not that bad though I one play/played one game (MH3U), Its not like the system is a piece of crap, its just not better then ps3 or xbox at this point.

Well the Wii U is selling better then the PS3 at this point, and with a good numbers of games coming in the next few months the Wii U should be getting in it's stride.
And rememeber Nintendo isn't directly competing with The Playstation 4 and Xbox 1, it's a alternative, if you don't like what the PS4 and Xbox 1 are offering on a whole you can get a Wii U. If your a PC gamer theres more of a reason to own a Wii U.