Examiner: Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U graphics concerns

#11AmmonitidaPosted 7/24/2013 1:18:51 PM
With the advanced PS4, you'll be able to zoom in so closely on a textured surface that you'll see textures representing microscopic bacteria (and their behavior will be simulated by the PS4's 8-core CPU). In contrast, the Wii U ground textures for Smash Brothers look a lot like the textures found in N64 games that are enhanced with the expansion pack. Gross.
#12ZeroArcheryPosted 7/24/2013 1:26:07 PM
Terotrous posted...
Who cares though. It's dirt. It doesn't need to be super high resolution.

Wow, so blindly defending this.

I need to be able to see every little GRAIN of dirt. So last gen, Nintendo's so archaic in their everythings.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#13rafiiilla(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 2:33:13 PM
Ammonitida posted...
With the advanced PS4, you'll be able to zoom in so closely on a textured surface that you'll see textures representing microscopic bacteria (and their behavior will be simulated by the PS4's 8-core CPU). In contrast, the Wii U ground textures for Smash Brothers look a lot like the textures found in N64 games that are enhanced with the expansion pack. Gross.

That's what I thought... only Nintendo focuses on gameplay anymore, everyone else just pushes better graphics :P

Joking aside, I bet we will see something similar on PS4/XB1, and not because they won't be able to handle better textures, but for the fact that there is no reason to spend more money on something that only a few will notices (only those that are digging for something to bash about)
---
NNID: rafiiilla
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4797/rehash2.jpg
#14aDRE8Posted 7/24/2013 2:35:17 PM
Game looks perfectly okay to me. I just hope they make the online decent this time around.
#15HungoverHero777Posted 7/24/2013 3:45:36 PM
rafiiilla posted...
This is almost as stupid as when people complained about the hand of Mario grabbing the pole on the trailer for Super Mario 3D World

Lol, what? Must have missed that.
---
"I'd rather die tomorrow as myself, than live forever as someone else." - Blues, DLN: 000
Have a Wii U, getting a PS4.
#16rafiiilla(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 3:57:36 PM
HungoverHero777 posted...
rafiiilla posted...
This is almost as stupid as when people complained about the hand of Mario grabbing the pole on the trailer for Super Mario 3D World

Lol, what? Must have missed that.

Cant find a link about it, but there were people complaining about the polygons on the hand of Mario (at the top of the Goal Pole) that were either out of place or on top of mario's arm ... something like that.

But as this Smash critique, they had to take a picture of it, zoom it, and then search for it (ridiculous, right?)
---
#17ImGanondorfLolPosted 7/24/2013 4:00:32 PM
The game is said to be 1080p and will presumably be 60 fps. Unlike with other Wii U games, Sakurai went out of his way to mention the game is still in development and the visuals are not yet final before the Mario VS Mega Man match.

I'm surprised I'm the only person who's irked about Skyloft though, they just took it out Skyward Sword. Some people even praise it.
#18rafiiilla(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 4:08:14 PM
ImGanondorfLol posted...
The game is said to be 1080p and will presumably be 60 fps. Unlike with other Wii U games, Sakurai went out of his way to mention the game is still in development and the visuals are not yet final before the Mario VS Mega Man match.

I'm surprised I'm the only person who's irked about Skyloft though, they just took it out Skyward Sword. Some people even praise it.

Yeah, it really looks like they just took it right from the game. It doesn't look bad, though (just empty)
---
#19ImGanondorfLolPosted 7/24/2013 4:16:17 PM
rafiiilla posted...
ImGanondorfLol posted...

Yeah, it really looks like they just took it right from the game. It doesn't look bad, though (just empty)

No, it's pretty bad, the environment looks as gray as the moon. There is no excuse for reusing an area from a last generation game.
#20SoaringDivePosted 7/24/2013 4:22:33 PM
ImGanondorfLol posted...
rafiiilla posted...
ImGanondorfLol posted...

No, it's pretty bad, the environment looks as gray as the moon. There is no excuse for reusing an area from a last generation game.

Placeholder for the trailer?
---
Check out my sound cloud! I write orchestra pieces, sometimes piano solos: https://soundcloud.com/soaringdive
If the link isn't there, it's 'cuz I edited :/