Things you never knew about Nintendo games until recently.

#1Rupin_SalesmanPosted 7/24/2013 10:15:39 PM
You can walk while looking up or looking down in Yoshi's Story.
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#2Omega_BlackPosted 7/24/2013 10:17:06 PM
Super Mario Bros 3 was a stage play.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#3RiaanYsterPosted 7/25/2013 3:47:07 AM
Omega_Black posted...

Read about that, and looking at the game, i don't understand how I never realized that. Sure, i was a kid and didn't look deeper into stuff... but it was pretty obvious.
#4CyricsServantPosted 7/25/2013 3:59:57 AM(edited)
Yep, the stage play thing. That caught me by surprise.

I didn't know about SMB 2's origins until years later . . . I think it wasn't until the Lost Levels got localized.

I didn't know you could steal in Link's Awakening until I finally got away with it. And the consequences are hilarious!

When I first got Star Fox 64, I didn't realize there was a "real" ending until my friends told me what to do on the train stage.

I also didn't realize Kirby was a mass murdering psychopath. That realization came with time.
#5blinkfreakPosted 7/25/2013 4:00:07 AM
CyricsServant posted...
Yep, the stage play thing. That caught me by surprise.

I didn't know about SMB 2's origins until years later . . . I think it wasn't until the Lost Levels got localized.

When I first got Star Fox 64, I didn't realize there was a "real" ending until my friends told me what to do on the train stage.

I also didn't realize Kirby was a mass murdering psychopath. That realization came with time.

You mean I've been playing star fox wrong all these years?
#6mhayes86Posted 7/25/2013 4:07:02 AM
Quite a few things, like the SMB3 stage play mentioned.

However, the first one to come to mind was that I didn't know about the different versions of Ocarina of Time until about a couple years ago or so before OoT 3D came out. I always wondered why Ganon's blood was green in Master Quest for GCN when it was red in my N64 version, and I never noticed the change in the Fire Temple music or the Gerudo symbol until then.
#7Omega_BlackPosted 7/25/2013 9:10:06 AM
RiaanYster posted...
Omega_Black posted...

Read about that, and looking at the game, i don't understand how I never realized that. Sure, i was a kid and didn't look deeper into stuff... but it was pretty obvious.
I never got enough time with it as a kid to really pay attention. I had also moved on to Genesis by that point.

Downloading it from the Wii VC a few years ago and playing through it, I realized "Hey...it's like a shabby play."

Then going on the Internet and reading other people's realizations was a joy to behold.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168