WiiU Local Multiplayer games (current and upcoming)

#1dominatinggamerPosted 7/25/2013 8:03:36 AM
What are some recommendations on good local multiplayer games for the WiiU (currently released or upcoming)? I have NSMBU but thats it as far as local multiplayer goes. It's just me and the gf so something that is co-op or 2 players max is fine.
---
With friends like you, who needs enemies?
#2freezemanPosted 7/25/2013 8:09:09 AM
Nintendo Land
Pikmin 3 (not the main story)
---
"The car in my battery died??? wtf" - Richie259
#3dominatinggamer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 8:35:30 AM
Oh yea forgot about Nintendo Land. Have that game as well. Pikmin I'm still on the fence about.

Is Game and Wario recommended?
---
#4NiftyManZPosted 7/25/2013 8:38:05 AM
Sonic all stars racing is a good one.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#5Rasputin77Posted 7/25/2013 8:39:22 AM
I can't recommend Game & Wario. Two of the multiplayer games are really fun (I thought rhythm gets old fairly quick), but one of them is the equivalent of a board game you can basically play from scratch.

It also isn't very robust on a single-player level either, and feels very "thrown together", although I think I could probably play "Gamer" for an hour straight. If you're willing to take the plunge though, it is only $40.
---
The irony of GameFAQs - http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
I'm a jerk to jerks. It's a lot less complicated than you're probably trying to make it. ;)
#6Kromlech06Posted 7/25/2013 9:01:15 AM
D&D Chronicles of Mystara is coming (though its already out on everything else for a while now). It's a little complicated and a "quarter-eater," so expect to die a lot.

Pokemon Rumble U will have local co-op.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted U has this co-driver dealy with the gamepad but I wouldn't call it true multiplayer.

If you have a 3ds you can get both versions monster hunter 3U for local co-op (do yourself a favor and get a circlepad pro while you're at it). Easily 400 hours of content there.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#7dominatinggamer(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 9:25:34 AM
Kromlech06 posted...
D&D Chronicles of Mystara is coming (though its already out on everything else for a while now). It's a little complicated and a "quarter-eater," so expect to die a lot.

Pokemon Rumble U will have local co-op.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted U has this co-driver dealy with the gamepad but I wouldn't call it true multiplayer.

If you have a 3ds you can get both versions monster hunter 3U for local co-op (do yourself a favor and get a circlepad pro while you're at it). Easily 400 hours of content there.

D&D : hmm I have been looking at that as an option, sad its not out on WiiU yet

Pokemon Rumble U: would really have to look at the specifics since I've bever played a Rumble game before

N4S: eh, probably pass but we'll see

Mh3U: have both versions :)

The gf is not a big gamer so games like Monster Hunter are well beyond her attention span with a game. She is the definition of "casual" gamer as she loves bejewled and games of that type. Games that are easy to pick up are best (for us) but it doesn't mean I wouldn't try to get her into other genres i.e. D&D.

thanks for the suggestions/ideas! Keep any and all suggestions coming!
---