If you can take any three games back to when you were a kid...

#1Sega9599Posted 7/25/2013 5:27:31 PM
which three would you take? and to what time?

You can assume you'll take back the proper equipment (console, controllers) for each game if it's required. But no external things like internet connection, which means a game like COD might make a better impact then a game like Battlefield. (split screen multiplayer/co-op etc)
Possibly could allow taking back a HD TV or an extra 3/4 consoles for System Link, but that's it.

I'd be going back to good old 1992 when I was 9 years old, and I'd be taking:

Silent Hill 2 - to scare myself and all my friends for weeks. Plus I think it'd have a better impact than say Resi 2 or Limbo.
Super Mario Galaxy - to floor them with graphics and gameplay. Yes I do prefer the first Galaxy.
Mario Kart Wii - We'd have 4 player games for months!

Close contenders were

COD: World at War. This game has co-op campaign and 4 player split screen multiplayer. Plus the atmosphere is creepy at times, I think they'd love it!
GTA IV. People would be floored by the span of this game. Technically SA or VC are better, but this might just wow them.
Super Street Fighter IV AE: My dad would be floored with it. He'd never get off the game lol!

What about you guys?
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#2GiygasminionPosted 7/25/2013 6:08:45 PM
Fun question. Off the top of my head...

Super Mario Galaxy 2- I love both Galaxy games, though.
Xenoblade Chronicles- It's an astonishing game, and it would've blown my mind even more as a kid.
Mother 3- I was such a huge fan of Earthbound and spent what felt like eons waiting for its sequel. Having played the translated version, I can say the wait was well worth it.
---
NN ID: Achilles11 3DS FC: 0860-3339-6889
http://backloggery.com/schamman89
#3shaunmePosted 7/25/2013 6:10:15 PM
Super mario bros
super mario bros 3
punchout
---
Nintendo can only dream of selling PS2 numbers. NNID:shaunme1
only 1 non Wii u owning troll on my ignore list.
#4threedownPosted 7/25/2013 7:09:42 PM
red dead redemption
shadow of the colossus
trials evolution

those games would hold me over for some time. red dead and shadow were easy choices, i chose trials because ive been playing it off and on since the original trials and its one of the few games i dont get bored of.
#5Anarchy-182Posted 7/25/2013 7:23:00 PM
Mario kart (nice racing coop game)
street fighter 4 (cool fighting coop)
timesplitters 2 or one of the first three halo games (some good shooting coop)

all couch coop games
#6Reverted_PikkonPosted 7/25/2013 7:28:43 PM
Wind Waker
Bully
Last of Us.
---
"Listen Ness. I'm going to tell you something very important. You may want to take notes. Ready? ......You're the chosen one."
#7R_HunterPosted 7/25/2013 7:30:49 PM
Contra 4 to make myself into a man faster.
Portal to make myself smarter.
Sonic Colors to show myself where games are headed.
---
To be fair, the overall plot of the MGS series sounds like it was written by a 7 year old on amphetamines.-CrystalKing5426
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#8PUNCHOUT1116Posted 7/25/2013 7:37:16 PM
Oh man, tough question. Lets see...

Super Mario Galaxy 2 definitely. That wouldve blown me away in the 80s.

Probably New Super Mario Bros Wii, as I prefer that game over the U version, and would LOVED to actually coop a Mario game back then.

Lastly... Ocarina of Time 3D. Being able to play such an amazing game AND in 3D wouldve been insane.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#92wingedangelPosted 7/25/2013 7:44:36 PM
I'd send Earthbound, Fire Emblem (any english release), and Cave Story.

inb4Endgame
---
3DS FC: 1048-8562-6194
#10Golden MavenPosted 7/25/2013 8:03:20 PM(edited)
No online? That's certainly limiting. To be honest, I wouldn't, because then the kid version of me couldn't appreciate the games of his day. Although a kid would appreciate it more because he has more imagination. In the spirit of this topic, I'll name games off the top of my head that would impress him without disturbing him (so nothing too violent or adult).

The Last Story - It has appeal for him, it's 3D, it's fun. I'm sure he'd love it, because I love it. It's also kid friendly yet also intelligent, good for everyone IMO.
The Sims 3 - He would love this. Probably get absolutely hooked, the same way I got hooked on the original "The Sims" back in 2000-2001.
Skyrim - I've never actually played this, but I know what it's about. I think a game with this kind of scope would just blow his mind. (adult me kind of figures the gameplay itself probably gets dull quickly, but a kid would love the exploration alone).