Why are Nintendo fans so forgiving towards Nintendo?

#1FirelanderXPosted 7/25/2013 10:08:27 PM
Titanfall got a huge amount of flack for announcing no single-player, but when SSB does the same thing, people are ok with it.The Xbox One got blasted for not allowing self-publishing, yet Nintendo announces they are not supporting Japanese indies. When a third-party publisher announces that they are abandoning the Wii-U, the fans usually blame them and not Nintendo. Let us not forget that Nintendo is completely hostile towards gamers sharing content about their games (remember Evo?).What I am trying to say is that it whenever Sony or Microsoft screw up, people usually escalate the news to ridiculous proportions, but when Nintendo makes a mistake, the fans are usually nonchalant about it. How is Nintendo going to learn if no one criticizes them?
---
Gamertag: FirelanderX
#2Kromlech06Posted 7/25/2013 10:09:25 PM
You don't go on the internet much, do you?
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#3MelkacPosted 7/25/2013 10:10:57 PM
Melee had no story mode, either...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#4VidgmchtrPosted 7/25/2013 10:12:35 PM
They didn't say it won't have single-player, they said it wouldn't have a story mode like subspace emissary. There'll most likely still be some sort of classic single-player mode.
#5Baha05Posted 7/25/2013 10:12:42 PM
FirelanderX posted...
Titanfall got a huge amount of flack for announcing no single-player, but when SSB does the same thing, people are ok with it.The Xbox One got blasted for not allowing self-publishing, yet Nintendo announces they are not supporting Japanese indies. When a third-party publisher announces that they are abandoning the Wii-U, the fans usually blame them and not Nintendo. Let us not forget that Nintendo is completely hostile towards gamers sharing content about their games (remember Evo?).What I am trying to say is that it whenever Sony or Microsoft screw up, people usually escalate the news to ridiculous proportions, but when Nintendo makes a mistake, the fans are usually nonchalant about it. How is Nintendo going to learn if no one criticizes them?

1. I didn't actually know that about Titanfall nor why there would be a backlash, though you can always play Smash Bros single player and I assume Arcade mode is coming back.

2. Not sure how many Japanese indie devs there actually are but I remember seeing the note thing saying "Not at this time" or something similar so that can change later on.

3. It's easy to blame 3rd party for abandoning the system is because of 3rd party.

4. Evo was stupid for what Nintendo did, though I knd of question that one a bit

And really I think I see more people harp on Nintendo then they do Sony and Microsoft.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#6Tsutarja495Posted 7/25/2013 10:14:11 PM
Smash 4 will have single player, just not a story. Think of what 64 and Melee offered (classic mode, smash the targets, challenges, etc), it will probably be something like that.
---
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg
#7HayashiTakaraPosted 7/25/2013 10:14:38 PM
They never asked permission for it, that's why it happened. And once they asked permission, it went through right away.
#8uberking422Posted 7/25/2013 10:21:40 PM
We clearly visit very different websites.
#9uberking422Posted 7/25/2013 10:24:06 PM
Also, the reaction Nintendo got to the "No SSE" announcement is indicative on how HARSH many people are towards Nintendo. It seems too many people aren't willing to hear the full story, and instead jump to the worst possible conclusions.
#10Tsutarja495Posted 7/25/2013 10:26:22 PM
What do you mean "How is Nintendo going to learn..."? If you're saying that people don't care what Nintendo does, then for whom do they need to change?
---
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg