Why are Nintendo fans so forgiving towards Nintendo?

#161NovaLevossidaPosted 7/26/2013 1:56:10 PM
The_DOAM posted...
A mistake is made Nintendo will do what's necessary to rectify the situation and apologize. Even give out free loot ala those free Wii-mote jackets and ambassador program games that's called building consumer loyalty and trust. Even those 30 cents games they've been giving out this holiday. Even got Kid Icarus, excitbike, four swords for free without an subscription. They also have club Nintendo which gives out free loot depending on the amount of purchases you make.

The big mistake they've made is not getting with the times, their backwards thinking, their terrible PR with horrible reasons for when they drop features, and their apparent hatred of online. To that end, they haven't apologized, because they cannot recognize their own errors.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#162mjc0961Posted 7/26/2013 2:03:19 PM
FirelanderX posted...
Titanfall got a huge amount of flack for announcing no single-player, but when SSB does the same thing, people are ok with it.

Don't know what part of the internet you've been visiting, but from the spots I've been too, people are indeed pissed about Smash Bros 4.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#163stalemate_666Posted 7/26/2013 2:18:32 PM
squatch22 posted...
stalemate_666 posted...
Monolith hasn't made an entire game well owned by Nintendo yet, so for me personally I would count their next game as a Nintendo one, their last one as some grey area and their games before that as not Nintendo.

Xenoblade says hello.

And still waiting on why u think Twisted Metal is innovative. Lol

Development started before Nintendo owned them outright it was released after Nintendo bought them but I find it hard calling it a Nintendo game because of that fact, same with calling LBP a Sony game. Though it's a little dif since they went from 2ed party to 1st not 3rd to 1st.

And how exactly is Twisted Metal not a innovative game, either the original or the remake? Both did alot that was never before seen in gaming. That question was of course rhetorical as you are obviously a troll, worse one I've seen so far infact and it was probably a mistake even replying. Oh well I can always ignore you after your bound to be annoying reply.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#164squatch22Posted 7/26/2013 2:21:46 PM
stalemate_666 posted...
squatch22 posted...
stalemate_666 posted...
Monolith hasn't made an entire game well owned by Nintendo yet, so for me personally I would count their next game as a Nintendo one, their last one as some grey area and their games before that as not Nintendo.

Xenoblade says hello.

Development started before Nintendo owned them outright it was released after Nintendo bought them but I find it hard calling it a Nintendo game because of that fact, same with calling LBP a Sony game. Though it's a little dif since they went from 2ed party to 1st not 3rd to 1st.

And how exactly is Twisted Metal not a innovative game, either the original or the remake? Both did alot that was never before seen in gaming. That question was of course rhetorical as you are obviously a troll, worse one I've seen so far infact and it was probably a mistake even replying. Oh well I can always ignore you after your bound to be annoying reply.

I guess Twisted Metal isn't innovative as u cant name a single thing.
---
SMASH BROS 4 PREORDERED AND PROUD OF IT.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#165ShankspearePosted 7/26/2013 2:34:58 PM
stalemate_666 posted...
squatch22 posted...
stalemate_666 posted...

Xenoblade says hello.

So in the same vein the new Smash Bros. is not a Nintendo game.
#166NovaLevossidaPosted 7/26/2013 2:40:51 PM
Shankspeare posted...
uberking422 posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
uberking422 posted...
Also, the reaction Nintendo got to the "No SSE" announcement is indicative on how HARSH many people are towards Nintendo. It seems too many people aren't willing to hear the full story, and instead jump to the worst possible conclusions.

You know, I don't really care that it's being dropped, but it's more the excuse that Sakurai gave that irritates a lot of us.

As I've stated in previous topics, I feel that the exact meaning behind his justification is largely misunderstood. To quote myself:

"I feel that Kotaku has, as usual, spin-doctored his justification to sound worse than it is. When the same statement was given almost a month ago in an IGN, he stated that he felt that the ability to watch between level cutscenes without actually playing the game kind of took the reward out of the game's single player experience, so he felt that it would be better to find some other form of single player mode that would be more likely to reward someone for actually playing the game. I believe this mentality was well reflected in his work on Kid Icarus: Uprising, a game which, while having a cinematic feel to it, rarely robbed the player of control for any extended period of time, thus "rewarding" a player in a way that a mere watcher can't fully experience. As such, I find there is good cause to trust Sakurai's judgment. I would encourage the rest of you to read his non-Kotaku'd statement on the second page of this article:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/03/creating-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds"

In short, I feel that this whole debacle is nothing more than a poor choice of words and lousy gaming news sites looking to stir up controversy in the name of easy ad revenue.

It's a direct quote, and more than just on Kotaku. They may have put a spin on the tone of the article (or more precisely, didn't spin it into a positive like some people would like), but the quote itself is really damning. It's a terrible justification for removing the cutscenes.
---
#167ShankspearePosted 7/26/2013 2:45:21 PM
I for one take this quote to mean that they are replacing the cutscenes with something better. With the amount of content in brawl, that seems positive to me.
#168NovaLevossidaPosted 7/26/2013 2:48:03 PM
Shankspeare posted...
I for one take this quote to mean that they are replacing the cutscenes with something better. With the amount of content in brawl, that seems positive to me.

They may be, but it's a rather horrid excuse at best, getting upset that people were watching the videos online. Like I've said before, I'm indifferent to the removal of them, but the reasoning behind it is just terrible, although the replacement may be better in their place. Horrible reasoning, possibly good potential.
---
#169stalemate_666Posted 7/26/2013 2:51:08 PM
Shankspeare posted...
So in the same vein the new Smash Bros. is not a Nintendo game.

Considering both developers are completely independent of them I have to say nope. Of course they own the rights to the game and stuff but it's not made by any of their first parties. Saying it's a Nintendo game is like saying Mass Effect was a Microsoft game and is now a EA game when the truth is it's a bioware game. This is easier to process with new IPs then established franchises though.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#170mini_blightPosted 7/26/2013 3:10:57 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
The big mistake they've made is not getting with the times

Elaborate.

their backwards thinking

Elaborate.

their terrible PR with horrible reasons for when they drop features

No excuse or reason is required to remove a feature no one liked to begin with.

This isn't like removing Linux from PS3's after people paid for it.

and their apparent hatred of online.

Look, a strawman. If they hated online, none of their games would have it.

To that end, they haven't apologized, because they cannot recognize their own errors.

And when they do apologize, they get brutally mocked by their competition.