The term Gamer.

#1coolguy_23Posted 7/26/2013 12:06:28 PM
It's one of those words that just make me cringe... Why say it? It sounds idk lame. "I am a gamer"..

How about " I play games." I am a player. This word should be erased from the English dictionary.

inb4 I made a grammar mistake.
#2kingbadjoPosted 7/26/2013 12:09:07 PM
my definition of a gamer is someone who not only plays but appreciates video games to be the ultimate combination of technology and art. Being able to see the art, technology, and innovation the artists (or developers) put their heart and creativity in.
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#3mashuPosted 7/26/2013 12:14:09 PM
Not disagreeing at all, per se. I think it's just a case though of being the most directly understood as to it's meaning. One could say "I play games," sure, but the first thing that comes to mind for most people would be within the context of relationships, unless you specifically were within a gaming context. One could say "I'm a player," but again, video games with that one especially is not the first thing that comes to mind either. If you say "I'm a gamer," pretty much everyone knows what you mean. Kind of just the way it is.
#4mashuPosted 7/26/2013 12:29:47 PM(edited)
And on that note I'd love to see Nintendo run an "I am a player" advertising campaign with some double entendre. Might actually be effective even, but it would never happen. lol.