Questions about Wii to Wii U transfer.

#1JMForte85Posted 7/26/2013 7:08:31 PM
I have 2 questions:
1) I haven't transferred my Wii data to my Wii U yet. If I start playing a Wii game on the Wii U and create save data for it and then later transfer my Wii info over, will that games save data be erased? Does it do a complete overwrite of the Wii U's Wii section?

2) If I transfer my Wii data over to the Wii U can I also move one save file (Brawl) back to the Wii? My dilemma is one I'm sure others have had and maybe could offer a solution. I want to play Brawl with Gamecube remotes and can't do that on the Wii U. This is basically the sole reason I haven't done the transfer and still have my Wii hooked up.

Thanks for the help.
---
Currently playing: Luigi's Mansion 2 and The Last Story
Up next: Pikmin 3 and M&L: Dream Team
#21shadetail1Posted 7/26/2013 7:12:14 PM
1. If you have saves for the same game on both, the file on the Wii over-writes the file on the WiiU. To make sure this doesn't happen, just delete the file on the Wii before you do the transfer.

2. You can transfer Wii saves from the WiiU to a Wii with an SD card, but with one limitation. Saves for games with online are console-locked and can't be transferred from one Wii to another. Brawl has online, so it can not be transferred. If you do the system transfer from Wii to WiiU, your Brawl save will be transferred permanently and can't be sent back.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#3JMForte85(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 11:28:17 AM
Thanks for the help. That is bad news about number 2. Guess I'll be keeping my Wii connected until SSB WiiU comes out.
---
Currently playing: Luigi's Mansion 2 and The Last Story
Up next: Pikmin 3 and M&L: Dream Team