Just trying to understand the $10 for $100 deal correctly

#1horror_spookyPosted 7/27/2013 8:51:04 AM
So I just have to throw $100 on my eShop account by tomorrow and then I will get a $10 code in a couple of days?

Does my Wii U need to be linked to my Club Nintendo account or anything like that?
---
Just when they think they got the answers, I change the questions..
www.cheatmasters.com
#2CapnStankyPosted 7/27/2013 8:54:56 AM
Link your console to your Nintendo Rewards account.

You put 100 in, they'll soon give you a code for 10. When you spend that 110, you'll then receive more back for spending money on digital releases. This is something they do an awful job promoting, which is mind-boggling to me since they need people to know about this stuff.
#3mlahodikPosted 7/27/2013 8:55:04 AM
I hope so, I just added $100.
I figured even if its not much, I'm going to spend at least that much in games. I have deluxe program pts, worth $10 and I should earn more when I use the $100.

I hope we just needed to add the funds and nothing else.
---
FC: 4081-6350-3674 ; NNID: Mahrii
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#4CapnStankyPosted 7/27/2013 9:28:49 AM
mlahodik posted...
I figured even if its not much, I'm going to spend at least that much in games. I have deluxe program pts, worth $10 and I should earn more when I use the $100.

After you add the money, go to your Nintendo account and see if you have a new To-Do.
#5horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2013 9:53:24 AM
CapnStanky posted...
mlahodik posted...

After you add the money, go to your Nintendo account and see if you have a new To-Do.

Club Nintendo you mean?
---
Just when they think they got the answers, I change the questions..
www.cheatmasters.com
#6CapnStankyPosted 7/27/2013 12:51:58 PM
horror_spooky posted...
CapnStanky posted...
mlahodik posted...

Club Nintendo you mean?

Yep. Whatever ID you associated with your Wii U (linked to).
#7amldPosted 7/27/2013 1:07:49 PM
I added the funds 2 days ago and I don't have any new "to do".
#8CapnStankyPosted 7/27/2013 1:11:13 PM
amld posted...

From Nintendo:

Step 3
You'll get an email with your Nintendo eShop promotional code on August 2 - just in time for the Pikmin 3 release on August 4!

(Be sure your Nintendo Network Account email address is correct by viewing User Settings on your Wii U system.)
#9amldPosted 7/27/2013 1:14:40 PM
CapnStanky posted...
amld posted...

From Nintendo:

Step 3
You'll get an email with your Nintendo eShop promotional code on August 2 - just in time for the Pikmin 3 release on August 4!

(Be sure your Nintendo Network Account email address is correct by viewing User Settings on your Wii U system.)

Yeah thats how I understood it, was worried for a sec! thx
#10jomurphy25Posted 7/27/2013 1:46:12 PM
CapnStanky posted...
amld posted...

From Nintendo:

Step 3

that doesn't seems right, I was taught that step 3 was - Profit
---
Gust of Wind Da...*cough* *cough* I really need to stop smoking