Motoi Sakuraba, Go Shiina, or Mitsuda should compose the next Zelda game...

#1MarcosdestPosted 7/28/2013 7:03:51 AM
What do you guys think? I would love to hear some mad violin solos in the boss fights or some epic guitar.
#2QuagsireQingPosted 7/28/2013 9:26:39 AM
If they fit the tone of the game, sure, but I doubt they would. Sakuraba's music is so instantly recognizable that I'd probably be taken out of the game, focusing not on the music, but the fact that it's his. I think the current team of Hajime Wakai and Toru Minegishi do a good job already.
---
"Cats...are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
--S. Miyamoto
#3NovaLevossidaPosted 7/28/2013 9:31:10 AM
I was really impressed with Go Shiina's stuff in Tales of Legendia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqfS5ma9Bao

Really impressive stuff in that game's music all around.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#4EdoVandeKampPosted 7/28/2013 12:04:48 PM
Yes Motoi Sakuraba, I really love his music. :3
---
Proud Wii U owner.
#5DTY3Posted 7/28/2013 12:10:00 PM
Sakuraba needs to stay the hell away from zelda. His music is cool, but it does NOT fit Zelda's style at all. Not to mention almost all his songs sound the same.

Go Shiina, however, is a FANTASTIC composer. His Tales of Legendia work was just about perfect.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#6ZabigguPosted 7/28/2013 12:12:47 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7cha_fan1Posted 7/28/2013 12:19:05 PM
I would be okay with that, if they were restricted to manipulating existing musical motives like the current and past composers have done for Zelda. Or, if Koji Kondo personally oversaw and reviewed their compositions.
---
A musical sentence is a motive that is immediately developed upon then drives towards a PAC, IAC, or HC. The PC was likely unallowed due to counterpoint rules.
#8Boomerang78Posted 7/28/2013 12:39:53 PM
No and no for Sakuraba and Shiina.

Sakuraba is overdone and his compositions are very samey. Have you heard Tales of Graces f? There isn't a good song on it.

Shiina doesn't fit the style at all, despite being a good composer.

Mitsuda, on the other hand, could probably do some good dungeon music. He's a very minimalistic composer and that's precisely what Zelda dungeons use in terms of music. His work on Xenogears, Chrono Trigger and Cross and Radical Dreamers will go down as the very best in the industry.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yD9N0.gif
#9gamebuyer22Posted 7/28/2013 12:50:53 PM
Jesper Kyd
#10TalesRevenantPosted 7/28/2013 3:26:30 PM
Sakuraba hasn't made a good soundtrack since 2006's Abyss, so. No.

Go Shiina rules and is very underrated, but their music wouldn't fit in a Zelda universe. Tales of Legendia has the best music out of any Tales game.

Mitsuda did wonders for Xenogears and Trigger, but over-all he's nothing special. He gets too much praise.

If i had to really put my bets on it, there is still only one composer who's still making good soundtrack after good soundtrack, and that is Nobuo Uematsu.
---
Currently playing:
EarthBound, Project X Zone