Motoi Sakuraba, Go Shiina, or Mitsuda should compose the next Zelda game...

#11PenguPineapplePosted 7/28/2013 2:37:53 PM
Seems like no one here has played Dark Souls; Sakuraba did the music and it was fantastic. I didn't believe it was him at first because it sounded moderately different from his typical work. I think that same style he used for DS would be fitting for a Zelda game.
---
3DS: pengusaur / 1504 - 5707 - 8126
NNID: pengusaurusrex
#12Marcosdest(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 3:59:26 PM
Yeah. Nobou Uematsu is incredible still too. I have too agree with that. Sakuraba, although I don't really care for his "Tales of" soundtracks, (Except maybe Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Xillia, as those are probably his best ones out of the tales) is still a fantastic composer.

Go Shiina is amazing, and his composition style would be really cool in a zelda dungeon (I mean come on, a piece like Forest of No Return would be awesome for a zelda dungeon).

Mitsuda's work could actually really work in Zelda. (For some reason, I love his Mario Party N64 scores. They had some of the most beautiful and memorable tunes in Mario Party, and I pray that the next one has music like that)
#13Sad_FacePosted 7/28/2013 4:04:51 PM
Mitsuda did wonders for Xenogears and Trigger, but over-all he's nothing special. He gets too much praise.

This guy... needs to replay Trigger and Cross.
#14EdoVandeKampPosted 7/31/2013 8:44:23 PM
gamebuyer22 posted...
Jesper Kyd

This!
Loved the feel in Darksiders II music.
---
Proud Wii U owner.
#15IcedEarthaholicPosted 7/31/2013 9:03:41 PM
Uematsu's best recent work was The Last Story hands down, mainly because he didn't try to go all bombastic like what happened with Lost Odyssey. Blue Dragon didn't have a bad soundtrack, but after hearing the cheesy boss battle music quite a few times, it gets beyond repetitive. The Last Story got it right, subtle, befitting of the atmosphere, and epic when the time was right. That is what Uematsu is best at.

Sakuraba is just incredible all around I feel, love his music. When he nails it, he frigging NAILS it! Star Ocean the Last Hope? Woo! That was epic. Dark Souls was also amazing. So many wonderful games he composed the music for, I feel if he were to keep up with his Dark Souls approach, he'd be good with a Zelda game.

I also feel Masashi Hamauzu and his team deserve recognition. They've done a stunning job with the music of later FF games. I was pleasantly surprised with how good the music for FF13-2 actually is, I look forward to completing that game sometime soon. I'm slowly making my way there, and the surprisingly good soundtrack is helping me do so.

BTW, Mitsuda is also a wonderful composer. Chrono Trigger is a classic. Loved that game and still do today, especially the Undersea Palace theme. Good God, even today that **** is shiver inducing due to it's sheer power.
---
For all things Fatal Frame join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973