The Legend of Zelda needs to be voice acted.

#1VyersPosted 7/28/2013 2:18:50 PM
I mean, I don't see why not. We've seen good voice acting before. Why can't Nintendo just hire the best-of-the-best and put them on the next Zelda project?

Of course, Link, being a silent protagonist, can't have a voice actor beyond grunts.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#2SagadegoPosted 7/28/2013 2:21:20 PM
only if it's done like Ico or Shadow of the Colossus.
---
Now Playing:
Project X Zone/Soul Hackers/SMT IV (3ds) Danball Senki Boost/Senritsu no Stratus (JPN ver,) Dynasty Warriors 5/Xenosaga 1 (ps2) Muramasa(wii)
#3Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 2:22:15 PM
Sagadego posted...

Why not like Kid Icarus, or many other fully-voice acted video games? I just don't see why Zelda shouldn't have full VA.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#4Baha05Posted 7/28/2013 2:22:43 PM
Why can't a game just be a game and not include VAs? Granted Link will always be silent but VAs don't make or break games.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#5jackorhoadsPosted 7/28/2013 2:23:28 PM
I take one look at Metroid other m and think no.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#6lgiPosted 7/28/2013 2:23:45 PM
Baha05 posted...
Why can't a game just be a game and not include VAs? Granted Link will always be silent but VAs don't make or break games.

Why not try something new this time around?
#7Baha05Posted 7/28/2013 2:24:53 PM
lgi posted...
Why not try something new this time around?

VAs wouldn't be something new though.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#8Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 2:25:07 PM
It adds to the world. I mean, graphical fidelity upgrades have been deemed okay with every installment, and adding voice acting is not going to harm anything, as long as it's done well. It's not like Zelda's kind of like a book, where players can use their imagination to figure out things not evident, especially since a lot of characters have voices already, for screams or expressions of joy.
---
#9Enigma149Posted 7/28/2013 2:27:48 PM(edited)
I agree, on two conditions:

1) It is optional. That way, people like me that can read much faster than characters can speak don't have to be slowed down by it. Having it mandatory but skippable (in other words, if they don't finish talking, they just jump ahead in the conversation) would be acceptable as well.

2) Nintendo creates a Hylian language and has all voice acting done in it, much like Na'vi in Avatar and Quenya in The Lord of the Rings. This would create for a more immersive experience, and it would save Nintendo the time and money needed to dub the game in each language (which could potentially delay an international release).
---
MOS 6510 @ 1.023 MHz // MOS VIC-II 6567 // 64 kB RAM // 20 kB ROM // 3ch MOS 6581 SID // 1541 FDD // Datasette
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NN, Steam: CrimsonEnigma
#10SagadegoPosted 7/28/2013 2:25:52 PM(edited)
Vyers posted...
Sagadego posted...

Why not like Kid Icarus, or many other fully-voice acted video games? I just don't see why Zelda shouldn't have full VA.

Shadow of the Colossus is voiced. I mean with a made up language.
---
Now Playing:
Project X Zone/Soul Hackers/SMT IV (3ds) Danball Senki Boost/Senritsu no Stratus (JPN ver,) Dynasty Warriors 5/Xenosaga 1 (ps2) Muramasa(wii)