The Legend of Zelda needs to be voice acted.

#101BloodychessPosted 7/28/2013 10:27:06 PM
People would just complain about that too then. Heck, people whined about SS because Link sounded too Japanese.
---
Not changing this sig until EA issues an apology for Madden 13
#102Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 10:30:33 PM
-GLICE- posted...
Keep your modern gen crappy trends away from my Zelda!

The reason why I adore Zelda is because it is nothing like your modern gen trashy games.

Zelda is oldschool. Zelda is classic.

KEEP ZELDA, ZELDA!

Fun fact: Voice acting in Zelda is no better or worse than Nintendo's ability to make quality games. If Zelda would suck with voice acting, Nintendo isn't a good developer.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#103Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 10:31:12 PM
Bloodychess posted...
People would just complain about that too then. Heck, people whined about SS because Link sounded too Japanese.

Change is often criticized, it doesn't mean that it's a bad thing that it happens.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#104BloodychessPosted 7/28/2013 10:41:22 PM
Vyers posted...
Bloodychess posted...

Change is often criticized, it doesn't mean that it's a bad thing that it happens.

No, but forcing voice acting into a game to appease a vocal minority is just silly. I take this kind of issue as seriously as the notion that Gordon Freeman should have a voice actor. Don't mess with the formula that got you big in the 1st place. Case and point, Square pandered to their fan's requests about cinematics and fan service and now they're a husk of their former self because the fan base is so divided.
---
#105Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 10:43:26 PM
Bloodychess posted...
Vyers posted...
Bloodychess posted...

No, but forcing voice acting into a game to appease a vocal minority is just silly. I take this kind of issue as seriously as the notion that Gordon Freeman should have a voice actor. Don't mess with the formula that got you big in the 1st place. Case and point, Square pandered to their fan's requests about cinematics and fan service and now they're a husk of their former self because the fan base is so divided.

Why is voice acting forced? And why is my statement anything like Gordon Freeman considering my very short opening post specifically states that Link should not have voice acting? If we didn't mess with the formula, we wouldn't have 3D games, we wouldn't have a lot of things that Zelda has grown to become.
---
#106BloodychessPosted 7/28/2013 10:58:30 PM
Vyers posted...
Bloodychess posted...
Vyers posted...
Bloodychess posted...

Why is voice acting forced? And why is my statement anything like Gordon Freeman considering my very short opening post specifically states that Link should not have voice acting? If we didn't mess with the formula, we wouldn't have 3D games, we wouldn't have a lot of things that Zelda has grown to become.

Why is voice acting needed now? It's just a commodity, it's not necessary or anything. Disregard my comment with Freeman. Zelda is still Zelda, 2D and 3D. You still go into dungeons, collect various musical items, open treasures chests, use new weapons to beat the boss, and save the Princess. Visuals are just updated to keep with the times. I doubt people would still be buying Zelda today if it was still 2D, but I'm sure people would keep buying it if there was still no voice acting.

Although some series really shouldn't have made the jump to 3D either....
*cough* Megaman X *cough*
---
#107cha_fan1Posted 7/28/2013 11:04:29 PM
Personally, I don't find voice acting to be very immersive, or even convincing in many cases. I would rather use my imagination and fill in the blanks in conversation mentally than have poor voice acting and a script for Zelda.
---
A musical sentence is a motive that is immediately developed upon then drives towards a PAC, IAC, or HC. The PC was likely unallowed due to counterpoint rules.
#108CaptainRandom1Posted 7/28/2013 11:07:30 PM
I really liked Midna's voice acting. They should do more like that.
---
3DS FC 4253-3597-1691
#109BloodychessPosted 7/28/2013 11:09:12 PM
cha_fan1 posted...
Personally, I don't find voice acting to be very immersive, or even convincing in many cases. I would rather use my imagination and fill in the blanks in conversation mentally than have poor voice acting and a script for Zelda.

I think a good OST trumps a good voice cast any day
---
#110Soanevalcke6Posted 7/28/2013 11:10:35 PM
Why did you ever get removed from my friends list? I don't remember doing this. I agree with your topic though.
---
"Hey, relax! We're the good guys! Justice will prevail and all that stuff... right, Samus?"
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6