Can you be a true Nintendo Fan if you don't buy new Nintendo systems at launch?

#1wraith-squad66Posted 7/28/2013 3:11:20 PM
I've been thinking this over for a few days and I haven't come to a firm conclusion, but I'm leaning heavily towards no, with some exceptions, such as if you were absolutely unable to afford it (obviously this doesn't apply to people who have a source of income but simply didn't think ahead and save enough money, or people who could sell some stuff or borrow money), or if you had a personal emergency that kept you from being able to buy it (for example, being in the hospital). Otherwise, if you have the money and no unavoidable obligations, what excuse do you really have? As a true Nintendo Fan, buying a new Nintendo system should be like adding to your family. It's not something you can be indifferent towards. It requires dedication. I camped out overnight in front of the store to buy both the Wii and the Wii U, and that's on top of paying for them in full months in advance. Nintendo is a lifestyle choice, it's not a hobby, and setting aside the time and money to buy a new Nintendo system on launch day is really not that much to ask if you're serious about your devotion to Nintendo. Think of it as analogous to the way Muslims are expected by their faith to make a pilgrimage to Mecca. For us, the Nintendo Faithful, this is our pilgrimage.
#2BuretsuPosted 7/28/2013 3:12:30 PM
tl;dr

Yes.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3Kabuto_YPosted 7/28/2013 3:12:38 PM
1. What does it mean to be a "true Nintendo fan"?
2. Is a "true Nintendo fan" something that's worth being?
---
3DS FC: 2449-4620-4409
AC town name: 'Murrica
#4Murderstorm117Posted 7/28/2013 3:15:15 PM
Ive bought every piece of nintendo hardware at launch and will no longer do it as they have completely bombed their last launches
---
NNID Mstorm
#5Xenesis XenonPosted 7/28/2013 3:15:54 PM
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/no-true-scotsman

Seriously.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#6SmoshCuchPosted 7/28/2013 3:19:40 PM
Your definition of fandom makes me sad for you.
#7Mobius1RisingPosted 7/28/2013 3:20:06 PM
lol of course.
---
Just a gamer,& an Ace combat fan.i also love the Hyperdimension Neptunia series,plus my favourite characters are Leifang & Momiji.
#8LuciferTerrorPosted 7/28/2013 3:39:01 PM
Next time, use line breaks when you type so much. I find your question incredibly stupid, sorry. No one expects you to buy the Nintendo systems at launch; buying them at a later time doesn't make you less of a fan. Unless you want to tell me that by doing so, it would affect your gaming experience or some imaginary reputation negatively. Gamers in general, buy their stuff whenever they want. Neither me nor you pay for them.

Also, I don't need a nobody such as yourself to tell me who or what I am, based on the decisions that I alone have made. You'll become a fan by developing a preference towards a company's systems/games. No matter how you try to justify this, no one would lose their title (aka fan) by buying the mentioned stuff at a later time.
---
The best games for each system that I own:
ToD 1, Suikoden 3, OoT, DQ 3, P4G, Skyrim, Witcher 2, Fire Emblem Awakening, DQ 5, Wayfarer of Time, Zombie U.
#9kingbadjoPosted 7/28/2013 3:43:00 PM
Buretsu posted...
tl;dr

Yes.

---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#10wraith-squad66(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 3:45:04 PM
LuciferTerror posted...
Next time, use line breaks when you type so much. I find your question incredibly stupid, sorry. No one expects you to buy the Nintendo systems at launch; buying them at a later time doesn't make you less of a fan. Unless you want to tell me that by doing so, it would affect your gaming experience or some imaginary reputation negatively. Gamers in general, buy their stuff whenever they want. Neither me nor you pay for them.

Also, I don't need a nobody such as yourself to tell me who or what I am, based on the decisions that I alone have made. You'll become a fan by developing a preference towards a company's systems/games. No matter how you try to justify this, no one would lose their title (aka fan) by buying the mentioned stuff at a later time.

There's no need to get so defensive. I didn't mean to make anyone feel insecure. You obviously do not buy Nintendo systems immediately and I respect that decision. Just understand that you're on a different tier of Nintendo Fandom than people who were devoted enough to get out there and make that initial investment as soon as it was possible to do so.