Why do people keep thinking Nintendo will kill Atlus?

#21GamespohtPosted 7/28/2013 10:19:57 PM
Because Monolith Soft, made kiddy games after Nintendo aqquired them, right?

-__-
---
''No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me''-Sonic The Hedgehog
I am Gamespot's Unofficial Mascot....Love Me.
#22UponADarkThornePosted 7/28/2013 10:34:41 PM
fissionprimer posted...
Let's say Nintendo let Atlus make M rated games for WiiU.

What's next? Nobody buys them.

Because Nintendo gamers don't buy mature games, the hell should i know why...

Want an example? Eternal Darkness.

Everything works with money, so...what will happen next?...

Nintendo will demand more accessible games from Atlus.

Want an example? Not really an example but is very specific. Why the hell did Platinum games created a very accessible game like Wonderful 101, instead of the kind of franchises they used to develop for other consoles?

To be perfectly fair, I really don't believe that most Atlus games really deserve an M-rating, or would get one if we had a 15+ rating like other countries do. Most of their games, especially the Persona series, really don't have that much adult content. The worst thing you'll find in them are some questionable demon designs and a bit of course language - although nothing that crosses the line of what's acceptable in a T-rated game.

(And no, that doesn't mean I don't think the games have more mature stories than the average game. They certainly do, but so does Planescape: Torment.)

And Wonderful 101 is about as accessible as Viewtiful Joe. Take that however you'd like.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#23StarBladeEdgePosted 7/28/2013 10:52:48 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
MushroomMuncher posted...
I have seen multiple people on multiple websites say that if Nintendo were to buy them, it would kill them. They would "Water them down" "Tone their games down" and"make their games friendlier". Why do so many people say this?

Because Nintendo is a family friendly company. They make games that have colorful graphics that appeal to a younger audience. Now Nintendo is capable of making a dark game, but most of the time they make games like Mario or Kirby.

Some gamers have come to associate "Nintendo" with "kiddy". Atlus has produced mature games. I think you can fill in the blanks from there.

And the even bigger question: Who really cares? I don't care who buys them, as long as I can play their games.

I care. If SMT or Persona lost their maturity, I wouldn't buy those games. Maturity a big part of those games.

And the last line is really selfish thinking. You're basically saying "as long as I get it, who cares about the others who can't?"

veeeery mature.....anime girls in the bathroom!

yeah i am finally a real man !
---
WiiU>>PS3/PS4>>>>>>>>>That's it. Every stupid post get's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNsrK6P9QvI
#24Monkmaster79Posted 7/28/2013 10:58:44 PM
d_side posted...
Rant Mode On: For the people who say that "Nintendo is gonna water down Shin Megami Tensei Series and The Persona Series" are as misinformed as an average Fox News Channel viewer. If Nintendo watered down games, then explain Resident Evil 0 - Resident Evil 4? Explain Goldeneye 007 on The Nintendo 64, and Perfect Dark on The N64, and South Park on The N64? All of those games maintained its maturity. And before anybody asked, I not only own all of The Nintendo's Consoles and Handhelds, but I own all of the Sony's Consoles just so you guys know. That being said however, Nintendo needs Atlus badly, why, look at The Wii U, its struggling to be noticed. The Wii U is not doing so hot on sales end. Sony does not need Atlus. They're fine without them. And before anybody say that "They'll have to buy The Wii U to play Shin Megami Tensei and Persona Games", then let me say this, If you people can afford a desktop computer, an iPhone, an iPad, a PS3, an XBox360, a laptop, and pre-order a PS4, THEN YOU CAN AFFORD A WII U! RANT MODE OFF!!

None of the games you listed were developed by first parties like Atlus would be if Nintendo bought them. I don't personally believe Nintendo would water down Atlus games but you're argument is kinda invalid.
---
Fans. Crazy Titanic fans. - Junpei - 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
Stop quoting people on my ignore list! 164 and counting!
#25BuretsuPosted 7/28/2013 11:04:04 PM
StarBladeEdge posted...
veeeery mature.....anime girls in the bathroom!

yeah i am finally a real man !

And you've clearly never played a Persona game in your lifetime.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#26Thunderbird8Posted 7/29/2013 2:14:03 AM
Monkmaster79 posted...
d_side posted...
Rant Mode On: For the people who say that "Nintendo is gonna water down Shin Megami Tensei Series and The Persona Series" are as misinformed as an average Fox News Channel viewer. If Nintendo watered down games, then explain Resident Evil 0 - Resident Evil 4? Explain Goldeneye 007 on The Nintendo 64, and Perfect Dark on The N64, and South Park on The N64? All of those games maintained its maturity. And before anybody asked, I not only own all of The Nintendo's Consoles and Handhelds, but I own all of the Sony's Consoles just so you guys know. That being said however, Nintendo needs Atlus badly, why, look at The Wii U, its struggling to be noticed. The Wii U is not doing so hot on sales end. Sony does not need Atlus. They're fine without them. And before anybody say that "They'll have to buy The Wii U to play Shin Megami Tensei and Persona Games", then let me say this, If you people can afford a desktop computer, an iPhone, an iPad, a PS3, an XBox360, a laptop, and pre-order a PS4, THEN YOU CAN AFFORD A WII U! RANT MODE OFF!!

None of the games you listed were developed by first parties like Atlus would be if Nintendo bought them. I don't personally believe Nintendo would water down Atlus games but you're argument is kinda invalid.

Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark on the N64 were both made by Rare, which was owned by Nintendo at the time.
#27LordBowserPosted 7/29/2013 2:42:31 AM
Nintendo would not kill Atlus. Sony would not either, probably.

Microsoft, Activision, and EA would all equally brutally kill Atlus. It would be a violent, painful, gruesome death. And if Nintendo is not the one to get Atlus, you can expect them to get it.

I fully expect EA to get Atlus and to drive it into the ground. If EA gets it, just mourn them and pretend they are dead. What EA does to them will be worse.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!