Am I the only one here who likes Other M and is waiting for a sequel?

#101She-HolcPosted 7/29/2013 5:38:47 PM
Ari917 posted...

Except the series traditionally sells above 1 million, that's not a positive and again Nintendo was disappointed in those numbers. If the parent company is disappointed then it's considered a disappointment because they didn't get the numbers they expected. Also, that's not even considering that those that did buy it may've not liked it themselves so take that 600k and shrink it even more and the silent minority is looking like a majority. Really, it seems that you're reaching trying to justify that the game's not hated when really going by sales and reception it's mixed at best (with sales being worse) and that's more applicable data then saying "I say so."

Amazon sold it at that price some time ago, now it's above $6.00 but considering that Metroid and other traditional Nintendo core games of that era sell usually for much more, that's still not much an improvement.

Edit: and before you get on my case, I'm not saying that sales equal quality on their own, games like Okami prove that, but you have to take into consideration every single factor that plays into how the game's received. It didn't do well sales wise, has mixed reception among fans and reviewers, is priced rather low for the series and Nintendo wasn't impressed by it. Factors like that build up and they do convey a message of at least mixed reception if not negativity.

Wow you really like veering off course. Ura didn't say anything about what the parent company thinks was a disappointment. You completely missed the point. Your just trying to downplay the fact that people like this game. More than you like to admit. Your argument is coming off as pretty desperate. I liked the game and dont care that it was a success or not. The fact that you cant even prove your biggest claim (the 0.01 bargain bin thing) is indicitive of your entire argument. crash & burn.

Next you claim your not saying sales = quality, but it's you that keeps bringing up other m's sales as negative. How nintendo is so disappointed with its sales & cheap pricing. Contradiction much? Call me crazy, but a 79% is a passing grade no matter how much you compare it to the test before it. A 60 % is mixed you should probably go back to school if you dont agree with that.

Your edited comment about okami shows how much you dont know. Okami had a overwhelmingly positive reception. There was nothing mixed about it. It may not have sold well intially, but the release made it a success. Enough for a sequel and a HD remaster. You should do better research.
#102Ari917Posted 7/29/2013 5:59:01 PM(edited)
She-Holc posted...

Wow you really like veering off course. Ura didn't say anything about what the parent company thinks was a disappointment. You completely missed the point. Your just trying to downplay the fact that people like this game. More than you like to admit. Your argument is coming off as pretty desperate. I liked the game and dont care that it was a success or not. The fact that you cant even prove your biggest claim (the 0.01 bargain bin thing) is indicitive of your entire argument. crash & burn.

Next you claim your not saying sales = quality, but it's you that keeps bringing up other m's sales as negative. How nintendo is so disappointed with its sales & cheap pricing. Contradiction much? Call me crazy, but a 79% is a passing grade no matter how much you compare it to the test before it. A 60 % is mixed you should probably go back to school if you dont agree with that.

Your edited comment about okami shows how much you dont know. Okami had a overwhelmingly positive reception. There was nothing mixed about it. It may not have sold well intially, but the release made it a success. Enough for a sequel and a HD remaster. You should do better research.

And you obviously haven't read my post either, I never said anything to the sort that I'm trying to deter that people liked it, what's being argued is how many and that's where the numbers come into play. Sales were low (especially for the series), prices are low hinting at a low interest in buying the game and reception is mixed (yes, 79% is mixed, especially for a series that regularly scores high on the critical analysis). Also, I'm sorry I don't have pictures, didn't think people would get so prissy about that (particularly since it wasn't even the crux of my argument). Tvtropes used to have a link though, must've deleted it when it got sold (though for some reason the statement's still there)...

Because Nintendo is disappointed in it and it undersold compared to other games in the series despite being marketed and having another game on the same system do well (Prime 3). One of these factors on their isn't enough, that's what I meant, all of these factors together however aren't favorable. Really, stop trying to take this as an attack, I don't care about the Other M arguments anyone, I said my bit and left it at that, but I do care when someone spouts misinformation to try to prove a false point which is what is happening now. You can't say for certain that the people that liked the game are the majority, especially when sales and numbers do not favor that outcome. The thing is it didn't do well, that's all I'm saying, I don't care if you like it or not but do not accuse me of falsifying the numbers for my gain when I really don't give a crap right now.

Also, read the damn post fully, I said it as an example of a critically acclaimed game that sold poorly, not a mixed game that sold poorly, really you need to look at yourself before accusing anyone of reading between the lines. Especially considering your comment to CaptainRandom when really he was actually on topic considering who and what he was responding to.

Seriously, it's this type of nitpicking that makes me wish this argument would just die already. Either read the post fully and without bias or don't bother responding to me at all.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#103deathwave21Posted 7/29/2013 5:52:27 PM
Excellent game. Can't wait to see Samus in HD
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#104CaptainRandom1Posted 7/29/2013 6:18:04 PM(edited)
She-Holc posted...
CaptainRandom1 posted...

Does age discredit validity? I guess that we should probably stop playing anything on the Wii/Ps3/Xbox360 because lol over 1 year old.

I was enjoying watching this debate, but stupid post's like this that have nothing to do with the subject ruin things. Reading comprehension is your friend. <_<

It was completely on topic actually. The person I quoted said that two sources on why Other M was bad don't matter because they are over one year old. I have no idea why you are saying that I should use better reading comprehension...
---
3DS FC 4253-3597-1691
#105She-HolcPosted 7/29/2013 5:59:05 PM
Ari917 posted...
it's the only game in the series that sells for bargain bin prices (seriously, one cent is the lowest recorded right now, NEW).

Ari917 posted...
but I do care when someone spouts misinformation to try to prove a false point

hmmmm. Ironic. Stop talking now. thanks.
#106Ari917Posted 7/29/2013 6:05:21 PM(edited)
She-Holc posted...
Ari917 posted...
it's the only game in the series that sells for bargain bin prices (seriously, one cent is the lowest recorded right now, NEW).

Ari917 posted...

Wow... You just summed up everything I just said about you in one post. You ignored everything else I said, nitpicked the one point that would get you anywhere and focused on the one thing even I admitted I can't find the information anymore and wasn't even the crux of my argument. I'll admit, I made a mistake, are you satisfied? Doesn't remove anything else I've said about the argument.

Really, you're the bias one here, either address my entire argument as is or don't bother at all because right now you just proved to be the worst of the Other M supporters. Actually no, I take that back, you're the worst poster here because at least everyone else addressed each others points, even with their flaws.
---
#107She-HolcPosted 7/29/2013 6:02:07 PM
CaptainRandom1 posted...
I have no idea why you are saying that I should use better for reading comprehension...

You can't form a proper sentence either. I stand by what I said.
#108She-HolcPosted 7/29/2013 6:05:18 PM
Ari917 posted...
She-Holc posted...
Ari917 posted...

Ari917 posted...

Wow... You just summed up everything I just said about you in one post. You ignored everything else I said and focused on the one thing even I admitted I can't find the information anymore and wasn't even the crux of my argument. Really, you're the bias one here, either address my entire argument as is or don't bother at all because right now you just proved to be the worst of the Other M supporters.

What argument. Learn to read. I don't care about the sales or reception of other m. I like it regardless. I also liked pointing out the multiple holes in your argument & times you flat out contradict yourself.
#109PhantomSoDPosted 7/29/2013 6:08:46 PM
gameplay-wise the game was solid, but it was just the blatant abuse of her voice and complete butchering of her character. She had a mental breakdown seeing ridley even though she had personally kicked his ass 2x by this point in the timeline. Team ninja just did not pay due respect to the source material and the product as a whole suffered for it. Just because she's a female character does not mean she needs to be emotional and, as they tried to convey in the ridley scene, weak.

She's a bounty hunter and if any cliche needed to be employed it would've made more sense for the cold military chick with a heart of gold. My opinion of course.
#110Ari917Posted 7/29/2013 6:11:41 PM(edited)
She-Holc posted...
Ari917 posted...
She-Holc posted...
Ari917 posted...

Ari917 posted...

Wow... You just summed up everything I just said about you in one post. You ignored everything else I said and focused on the one thing even I admitted I can't find the information anymore and wasn't even the crux of my argument. Really, you're the bias one here, either address my entire argument as is or don't bother at all because right now you just proved to be the worst of the Other M supporters.

What argument. Learn to read. I don't care about the sales or reception of other m. I like it regardless. I also liked pointing out the multiple holes in your argument & times you flat out contradict yourself.

I. DON'T. CARE. If you like it or not. All the power to you if you do, that's fine, I respect that. I never said otherwise, we're debating facts, not opinions, that's all.

Again with the high and mighty altitude. You mean the one little detail that even I admitted to being flawed? Well good for you honey, you proved one little thing wrong and it doesn't do anything to deconstruct the rest of the argument. Particularly since I called you out on your own hypocrisy. Really, you just seem to get a kick out of nitpicking small things and laughing at them so there's nothing for you to gain here.

Bloody Hell, it's posters like you that make this argument such a chore. If you honestly are just here to nitpick then don't bother, you're not adding anything to the forum.
---