Should miiverse get rid of it's mods?

#51TheIastspartanPosted 7/30/2013 9:44:44 AM
Evilmonster posted...
Gfaq mods are the worst. I've never won a moderation appeal despite having extremely valid points. One mod will mark me for this, then i'll appeal it- the next mod will say I got modded for another reason, I'll dispute it with valid points, then the next mod will say I got modded for something different altogether and by that time you can't dispute it any further.

You can't win against them, there's almost no reason to dispute or appeal, as there is no way to win; especially with the terrible appeal system.

lol Yeah

I once made a topic on the Halo 4 boards awhile back. I forget what it was about, but it was some kind of harmless joke that made most people laugh.

It gets modded for trolling, and I dispute it and try explaining that no one found it annoying or offensive in any way.

So what does the mod do?

"Uh, ok, I guess it's not actually trolling. But if it isn't that, it's off topic, so it's remaining deleted"

SMH
#52soarcadia(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 9:51:24 AM
TheIastspartan posted...
Evilmonster posted...
Gfaq mods are the worst. I've never won a moderation appeal despite having extremely valid points. One mod will mark me for this, then i'll appeal it- the next mod will say I got modded for another reason, I'll dispute it with valid points, then the next mod will say I got modded for something different altogether and by that time you can't dispute it any further.

You can't win against them, there's almost no reason to dispute or appeal, as there is no way to win; especially with the terrible appeal system.

lol Yeah

I once made a topic on the Halo 4 boards awhile back. I forget what it was about, but it was some kind of harmless joke that made most people laugh.

It gets modded for trolling, and I dispute it and try explaining that no one found it annoying or offensive in any way.

So what does the mod do?

"Uh, ok, I guess it's not actually trolling. But if it isn't that, it's off topic, so it's remaining deleted"

SMH

Wow that's really corrupt.
---
Skies of arcadia>>>>>>>>>>> final fantasy 7
#53HayashiTakaraPosted 7/30/2013 10:08:32 AM
Trolls fester this place like AIDS, the mods simply won't ban them for whatever reason.
#54P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 7/30/2013 10:10:53 AM
I won an appeal once. A mod had marked me for spoilers and I stated that I clearly used the spoiler tag. Three days later my appeal went through. Don't remember the message though.
---
NNID: Ko-san
"SUUUPERRR!"
#55Sailor GoonPosted 7/30/2013 10:51:55 AM
I still have messages in my inbox from a dispute I had with RaptorLC. My god does that "mod" act like a sniveling child. I left the site feedback about him but of course nothing gets done. It amazes me the type of people they "hire" here.
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#56soarcadia(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 11:09:51 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
I still have messages in my inbox from a dispute I had with RaptorLC. My god does that "mod" act like a sniveling child. I left the site feedback about him but of course nothing gets done. It amazes me the type of people they "hire" here.

Are you saying they get paid for this?
---
#57KAMMYqueenPosted 7/30/2013 11:12:04 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#58TheGreatUnownPosted 7/30/2013 11:18:06 AM
2wingedangel posted...
HayashiTakara posted...
No, moderation is necessary to keep it from turning into GFAQs.

Or worse.

YouTube.

This. To say that YouTube is a jungle would insult the jungle.
---
PSN: phantom_xii 3ds:1161 0212 6579
Pokemon Black 2: 2194 6434 0293 XBL:IronPatriot215
#59TheIastspartanPosted 7/30/2013 11:30:22 AM(edited)
soarcadia posted...
Sailor Goon posted...

I assume that's why he put "hire" in quotations.
#60soarcadia(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 12:54:51 PM
TheIastspartan posted...
soarcadia posted...
Sailor Goon posted...

I assume that's why he put "hire" in quotations.

thats terrible
---