Any guesses as to when we find out who bought Atlus?

#1retrogamer28Posted 7/29/2013 12:03:59 PM
Or even if they've been sold yet? And for people familiar with these kinds of things, how long does it usually take? I predicted a couple of days, but then realized I have no idea how I came up with that, so now I'm worried we'll need to wait possibly up to a few months before the popcorn can be eaten (that is to say, until all the yelling and complaining is dealt).
---
DK `94 is my Dark Souls
#2thefabregas22Posted 7/29/2013 12:05:56 PM
Well first off don't expect ninty to have atlus. I personally wouldn't be surprised if they didn't bit at all.

Secondly I have no idea, some people said days now people say months so we just have to wait. Or we could look at similar situations and see how long it took for news to break for that sit
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: Admiral Classy
#3MirageMew2Posted 7/29/2013 12:07:07 PM
I highly doubt it was Nintendo, idk why this board is getting their hopes so high.
---
"My father put me in P.O.R.N. when I was young. P.O.R.N., you know, Parents Offering Recreation and Nutrition?"
Join Abyss Walkers!
#4thefabregas22Posted 7/29/2013 12:08:53 PM
MirageMew2 posted...
I highly doubt it was Nintendo, idk why this board is getting their hopes so high.

Maybe because people on the wii u board really want altus to be bought by ninty?
Why would they be a bunch of negative nancys about it?
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: Admiral Classy
#5White_Knight13Posted 7/29/2013 12:09:06 PM
Apparently it will be September at the earliest:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/07/19/atlus-parent-index-corporation-to-begin-selling-operations-next-week.aspx

And I agree with the above posters. It most likely isn't going to be Sony or Nintendo.
#6steerepikePosted 7/29/2013 12:10:44 PM
As long as it wasn't Microsoft or EA, I don't care who acquired them. It could be a popcorn company for all I care.

I kinda hope that it is Sony or Nintendo, but only because the sheer amount of "WAH!" either way will be incredibly entertaining.
---
))<>(( forever.
#7arvilinoPosted 7/29/2013 12:12:16 PM
MirageMew2 posted...

I think it's because of the current games in the works, the number of atlus titles on Nintendo consoles, the SMT and Fire Emblem 3DS deal and Nintendo was revealed as one of the companies that issued a loan to Index and of the video game companies was the highest loaner.

There is some reason to believe that Nintendo may have purchased atlus.
#8CcroybbPosted 7/29/2013 12:18:40 PM
arvilino posted...
MirageMew2 posted...

I think it's because of the current games in the works, the number of atlus titles on Nintendo consoles, the SMT and Fire Emblem 3DS deal and Nintendo was revealed as one of the companies that issued a loan to Index and of the video game companies was the highest loaner.

There is some reason to believe that Nintendo may have purchased atlus.

This. It's completely logical to think Nintendo will buy Atlus. It doesn't matter too much to me where Atlus ends up, as long as it's not a company with a terrible track record like Square Enix, Sega, or Namco.
---
The ideal 8th Generation console combination: 3DS, Wii U, and PS4
#9retrogamer28(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 12:33:13 PM
White_Knight13 posted...
Apparently it will be September at the earliest:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/07/19/atlus-parent-index-corporation-to-begin-selling-operations-next-week.aspx

And I agree with the above posters. It most likely isn't going to be Sony or Nintendo.

Since Atlus is "desirable" according to Index, and that comment seems to be talking about absolutely everything involved in Index's death rather than just selling Atlus " The entire matter could be wrapped up as early as September", I had assumed that selling the Atlus brand, studios, and IPs would be done quicker then most of the other... whatever they have to do.

And while I hope Nintendo buys them, for gaming as a whole Marvelous seems to be the best answer (or just some random Japanese media company). I'm personally expecting the unexpected, and who buys them doesn't matter much to me so long as they let Atlus continue what they're doing and their name isn't Sony, Microsoft, or EA.

Shogakukan or Shueisha are my random out-there guesses for today.
---
DK `94 is my Dark Souls
#10KingTurtPosted 7/29/2013 12:53:05 PM
Nintendo is the only logical buyer of Atlus at this point.

Almost all of Atlus's current games are Nintendo exclusives, Nintendo is having a promotion with Fire Emblem: Awakening and Shin Megami Tensei 4, and they have SMT X Fire Emblem in development already.

I fully expect Nintendo has bought Atlus, just for them wanting to protect SMT X Fire Emblem and make sure it stays in development alone is a good enough reason, but also for SMT and Fire Emblem on the 3DS as well.

Now I just wait for a confirmation.
---
http://www. change.org/petitions /square-enix-bring- kingdom-hearts-3-to-the-wiiu-alongside -the-ps4-and- xbox-one-3 [Remove any Spaces]