Any guesses as to when we find out who bought Atlus?

#11ElectricMolePosted 7/29/2013 2:13:00 PM
Never going to be Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft. That is guaranteed.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#12Monkmaster79Posted 7/29/2013 2:18:00 PM
ElectricMole posted...

Keep telling yourself that.
---
Fans. Crazy Titanic fans. - Junpei - 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
Stop quoting people on my ignore list! 164 and counting!
#13Shinobi120Posted 7/29/2013 2:32:20 PM(edited)
steerepike posted...
As long as it wasn't Microsoft or EA, I don't care who acquired them. It could be a popcorn company for all I care.

I kinda hope that it is Sony or Nintendo, but only because the sheer amount of "WAH!" either way will be incredibly entertaining.

I highly doubt that Japanese companies could be so easily bought by American companies, so you don't have to worry about that.
#14ElectricMolePosted 7/29/2013 2:31:32 PM
Monkmaster79 posted...
ElectricMole posted...

Keep telling yourself that.

Never going to be Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft. Bet on it.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#15Phange 2Posted 7/29/2013 3:38:48 PM
KingTurt posted...
Nintendo is the only logical buyer of Atlus at this point.

Almost all of Atlus's current games are Nintendo exclusives, Nintendo is having a promotion with Fire Emblem: Awakening and Shin Megami Tensei 4, and they have SMT X Fire Emblem in development already.

I fully expect Nintendo has bought Atlus, just for them wanting to protect SMT X Fire Emblem and make sure it stays in development alone is a good enough reason, but also for SMT and Fire Emblem on the 3DS as well.

Now I just wait for a confirmation.

Dragons Crown is a Playstation exclusive.
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
#16BoomerTheGreatPosted 7/29/2013 3:44:38 PM
I have been watching gaming for a while and the crossover with FE and the deal going on with FE all points to Nintendo already having Atlus and just waiting for some type of approval or rules. What other reason would Nintendo have that amazing deal for a crossover.
---
Greatness comes from within
#17Phange 2Posted 7/29/2013 5:41:58 PM
BoomerTheGreat posted...
I have been watching gaming for a while and the crossover with FE and the deal going on with FE all points to Nintendo already having Atlus and just waiting for some type of approval or rules. What other reason would Nintendo have that amazing deal for a crossover.

All signs point to Namco, Sega and Capcom owning each other thanks to Project X Zone.
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
#18DontMindIfIDoPosted 7/29/2013 5:47:43 PM
If Nintendo really wanted Atlus, they probably would have struck a deal with Index before the bidding happened.

I doubt any first-party studio got them. Nintendo would have been more likely between them and Sony, but I still doubt it.
#19sentoworfPosted 7/29/2013 5:56:37 PM
Phange 2 posted...
KingTurt posted...
Nintendo is the only logical buyer of Atlus at this point.

Almost all of Atlus's current games are Nintendo exclusives, Nintendo is having a promotion with Fire Emblem: Awakening and Shin Megami Tensei 4, and they have SMT X Fire Emblem in development already.

I fully expect Nintendo has bought Atlus, just for them wanting to protect SMT X Fire Emblem and make sure it stays in development alone is a good enough reason, but also for SMT and Fire Emblem on the 3DS as well.

Now I just wait for a confirmation.

Dragons Crown is a Playstation exclusive.

Read his post again.
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#20DontMindIfIDoPosted 7/29/2013 6:04:26 PM
I don't understand why people think Nintendo would have bought Atlus out just to protect SMTxFE. Keep in mind that the Fire Emblem series was going to be discontinued if Awakening didn't do well, and a game like this is going to be difficult to sell to everybody in both fanbases. They did say that a Wii U Fire Emblem would have to sell, what was it, 750,000 units or so? If VGChartz is to be believed, the only Megami Tensei game that surpassed that was Persona 4. And we still don't know what kind of game the crossover is going to be or how it will play, or even if it will appeal to fans of both franchises.

I doubt Nintendo would cry too much if that game ended up getting cancelled if Sony got them or something.