A Pro Controller personal pet peeve of mine...

#1ThreinfhirPosted 7/29/2013 2:34:33 PM
I feel everything is perfect about it except for the angle of the face buttons (and the exclusion of analog Z buttons, but oh well). I think Y, X, B, and A should be slightly rotated to the left, with Y being at about the 260 position instead of the 270 position, B being at 170, etc.

I find that when I play Mario U my standard usage of the Y to run and B to jump make it awkward because I feel the A button against my thumb when I jump. If I use the X to run and the A to jump I don't have a problem. This has bugged me during other games as well, including Super Metroid.

Does anyone else notice this or am I just being too picky? Thanks in advance for the input.
---
NNID, PSN, XBLA: Threinfhir
Currently playing: New Super Luigi U and a banjo.
#2KimoosabiPosted 7/29/2013 2:40:01 PM
Definitely not just you. I just grabbed a Wii U on the weekend, first thing I did was get a Pro controller for some VC games. Playing Super Mario World, I found that I kept accidentally nudging the A button, making Mario hop off Yoshi. Kind of annoying.
#3Threinfhir(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 2:47:22 PM
I just did a little comparison with my PS3 and 360 controllers. My thumbs naturally rest at the top of the controller which doesn't cause any problems.
---
NNID, PSN, XBLA: Threinfhir
Currently playing: New Super Luigi U and a banjo.
#4HeracylostPosted 7/29/2013 2:53:33 PM
The pro controller is by far the most comfortable controller I've had. I've had them all. 360 are awkward, PS1-2-3 it's just familiarity. But overall comfort Nintendo got it right. And it's light.
#5hiphops_saviorPosted 7/29/2013 2:58:10 PM
Just got Most Wanted U off of Amazon (shipped it to a college retreat centre in the States), and I really wish there was analog triggers on the Wii U. The triggers are serviceable for most genres, but not racing.
#6mjc0961Posted 7/29/2013 3:49:11 PM
Threinfhir posted...
I feel everything is perfect about it except for the angle of the face buttons (and the exclusion of analog Z buttons, but oh well). I think Y, X, B, and A should be slightly rotated to the left, with Y being at about the 260 position instead of the 270 position, B being at 170, etc.

I find that when I play Mario U my standard usage of the Y to run and B to jump make it awkward because I feel the A button against my thumb when I jump. If I use the X to run and the A to jump I don't have a problem. This has bugged me during other games as well, including Super Metroid.

Does anyone else notice this or am I just being too picky? Thanks in advance for the input.

Wait wait wait... You play Mario U using the Pro Controller? Did they finally patch that in? Should have been supported from the start.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#7Xenesis XenonPosted 7/29/2013 3:50:39 PM
mjc0961 posted...
Wait wait wait... You play Mario U using the Pro Controller? Did they finally patch that in? Should have been supported from the start.

They did. They patched it in when New Super Luigi U got released as DLC.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#8FISSIONMAILEDGFPosted 7/29/2013 3:50:55 PM
mjc0961 posted...
Threinfhir posted...

Yup, I believe it got patched with Luigi U it works and you can use 4 of them!
---
PSN ID FISSIONMAILEDGF Xbox Live FISSIONMAILED43
http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&owner=FISSIONMAILEDGF&
#9mjc0961Posted 7/29/2013 3:59:33 PM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
mjc0961 posted...

They did. They patched it in when New Super Luigi U got released as DLC.

FISSIONMAILEDGF posted...
mjc0961 posted...
Threinfhir posted...

Yup, I believe it got patched with Luigi U it works and you can use 4 of them!

F*** yeah!

Just got a Pro controller myself and was lamenting that I probably wouldn't get to use it for NSLU when it comes out on disc. Glad to hear I can use it.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#10cloudtheprophetPosted 7/29/2013 5:33:05 PM
My only gripe with the pro controller is the lack of headphone jack. It's a great controller otherwise
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet