Explain earthbound for someone whos never played it

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Explain earthbound for someone whos never played it
2 years ago#1
thanks./
2 years ago#2
It's a game much like the Dragon Quest games, simple RPG mechanics and a very quirky and unique world and design unlike any other RPG.
2 years ago#3
Awesome
---
NNID - Wingo84
Learning the flute/Contemplating buying a 3DS
2 years ago#4
If Twilight Zone had an RPG like Dragon Warrior.
---
"Listen Ness. I'm going to tell you something very important. You may want to take notes. Ready? ......You're the chosen one."
2 years ago#5
Generic Dragon Quest gameplay, quirky characters in a zany world filled with parodies galore. It's weird, it's supposed to be weird, and it doesn't care if you have a problem with that. It's like a B movie from the 60s if it was a JRPG.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
(edited by Iokua)
2 years ago#6
it's a run of the mill jRPG (aka the only kind of jRPG), but with more weird things (like one of the enemies being "New Age Retro Hippie")
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
2 years ago#7
Freakzilla5 posted...
thanks./

This explains it best.

http://earthbound.nintendo.com/message/
2 years ago#8
A quirky JRPG about children saving the world from aliens with entertaining dialogue.
2 years ago#9
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EarthBound
2 years ago#10
This game stinks.
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Explain earthbound for someone whos never played it

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived