Wii U still selling pretty damn slow...

#1DesperateMonkeyPosted 7/29/2013 11:38:52 PM
Just came back cause I'm getting ready for Pikmin 3. Surprised to see that Wii U sales is still only 3.3 million.... Has the sales just come to a complete halt?

Yes I understand that they lost the casuals who don't bite twice. However, there are plenty of Nintendo core gaming fans, especially in Japan. Are Nintendo's markets really being invaded by smartphones and tablets? Or is the other consoles the bigger concern? If anyone could link to some literature about it, that would be interesting.

Its sad because now they are actually focusing on core games as well as casual games.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#2BuretsuPosted 7/29/2013 11:43:22 PM
Desperate monkey is desperate.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3CelestialMindPosted 7/29/2013 11:44:55 PM
Well considering how easy Pikmin 3 apparently is compared to the last two, they seem to be still focusing only on casual gamers.

What Nintendo doesn't realize is the casual audience has abandoned them for smartphones and tablets so they might as well target core gamers again as they were doing in the GC era and before.

Yeah it would be great for them if the casuals were on their side but they are not and while a console like the GC might only sell 20 million, it sure as heck is better than like 10 million which is what the Wii U seems to be headed towards.
#4STN79Posted 7/29/2013 11:47:49 PM
I've still to this day never owned a smart phone or tablet. Heck i still don't have a cell phone for that matter. I don't know about you guys but i game on gaming consoles. Nothing else.
#5squatch22Posted 7/29/2013 11:48:51 PM
Desperate TC provides no source of sales figures.
---
SMASH BROS 4 PREORDERED AND PROUD OF IT.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#6FFXIgaiaknightPosted 7/29/2013 11:52:33 PM
while japan is still nintendo dominated but the hardcore fans is japan are all about nintendo handhelds right now on the plus side thanks to pikmin 3 the wii u has now passed 1 million sales in japan and did it faster than the ps3 and 360 but still fell behind compared to wii, ds, and 3ds.
---
3DS FC: 4124-5007-1536
NNI: Gaiaknight
#7DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 12:09:16 AM
Wow, people are reeeeeally sensitive here. I didn't know Nintendo had staff working here. It was a simple question. My numbers are based off of VGChartz, which aligns itself with NDP and financial reports so its rarely far off and great for ballpark numbers.

I was just asking the question because Nintendo actually has quite a few good games confirmed this year like Bayo 2, Yoshi, Pikmin and so on. Its actually got a steady library flowing in unlike the Wii but apparently these aren't the games that sell consoles anymore.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#8EastCoastKodyPosted 7/30/2013 12:37:49 AM
i never understand why ppl who want to bash the Wii U, always say "The casuals are gone".

If thats true.....that hurts Sony & Microsoft too.
#9squatch22Posted 7/30/2013 12:40:04 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Wow, people are reeeeeally sensitive here. I didn't know Nintendo had staff working here. It was a simple question. My numbers are based off of VGChartz, which aligns itself with NDP and financial reports so its rarely far off and great for ballpark numbers.

I was just asking the question because Nintendo actually has quite a few good games confirmed this year like Bayo 2, Yoshi, Pikmin and so on. Its actually got a steady library flowing in unlike the Wii but apparently these aren't the games that sell consoles anymore.

I love how ppl say VGChartz is accurate. Yet VGC is around 15 million off with Wii software sales. ..
---
SMASH BROS 4 PREORDERED AND PROUD OF IT.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#10NathanDrakeSwagPosted 7/30/2013 12:51:35 AM
Everyone will be too busy with GTA V and real next gen consoles to waste time and money on silly Mario rehashes.