After watching actual Sonic Lost Worlds gameplay...

#41Mandrew257Posted 8/2/2013 9:51:19 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
BaconPancakes posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0GFBOoHFzw

Looks gorgeous and wonderful to me.

Yep.

*Sips beer* Mmmhmm.
---
I like turtles.
#42DifferentialEquationPosted 8/2/2013 10:18:37 PM
It's nothing but a half assed Mario Galaxy rip off. Can't blame Sega though, they used come up with original ideas and they sold like crap so they might as well take the easy way out.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#43ChokusetsuPosted 8/2/2013 10:28:50 PM
Omega_Black posted...

And nice ripoff of Mario Galaxy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzvS_beXtXk

The CREATORS of this game said this has nothing to do with Xtreme and they have in fact taken inspiration from Mario Galaxy.
---
De arimasu
#44FFXIgaiaknightPosted 8/2/2013 10:30:06 PM
nothing wrong with taking inspiration to one of the highest rated games of this generation.
---
3DS FC: 4124-5007-1536
NNI: Gaiaknight
#45DifferentialEquationPosted 8/2/2013 10:43:43 PM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
nothing wrong with taking inspiration to one of the highest rated games of this generation.

I know, but Sega is a garbage company now. If one of the best 3D platformers of all time is going to be copied, it should at least be done by a competent team.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#46moogle69Posted 8/2/2013 10:51:07 PM
The_Mana_Legend posted...
...It doesn't look very good. The trailers made it look really good, but after watching this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koMru0MVkYw

...I'm not so sure. It looks extremely floaty, slippery, and a few parts of it just make the game look really unpolished.

Are there any other gameplay videos of different levels out there?

3DS version ma man.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Backlog Growing for the system i own
#47deadpool_legendPosted 8/2/2013 11:05:42 PM(edited)
Yeah I'm not wowed. I didn't like Mario Galaxy much but loved Sonic Generations and is one of the few games I got every achievement for (seriously Mass Effect 2 and 3 are the only others). Daytime Unleashed sections and Modern Generations sections were perfect for me and I loved them. Sonic Colors didn't do it for me because there were too many 2D sections for my taste that required way too many precise jumps when Sonic was being rather floaty, plus with the boost being tied to wisps, I could almost never keep it going throughout the majority of the level, I don't know if that will be the case with Lost World.

Sadly the art direction isn't doing anything for me. It's not the actual graphic capabilities or anything like that, it's that they're just kind of disjointed floating objects that don't really evoke much of a exciting world as they do something you can probably recreate if they gave you a level editor. Though now watching the dessert level I can see how there is more variety in the level than it initially appeared.

I'll keep any eye on this because I have actually like quite a few of the modern Sonic games, I just don't know that it will be another Generations for me. I adored that game.
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#48AllstarJasonPosted 8/2/2013 11:36:20 PM
Wait, that was from the 3DS? If anything that only makes me more excited for the Wii U version as I thought it looked pretty damn fun in that video.
---
~Vancouver Canucks~