What does the PS4/XB1 online have that the WiiU doesnt.

#1kingbadjoPosted 7/30/2013 9:32:57 AM
lol I know the topic title sounds extremely fanboyish but it's an honest question.

I really don't know because I don't really play games online (I'm an older gamer and grew up on not playing games online. So I still haven't adjusted.)

But yea what are the online things they have that Nintendo doesn't?
Is it anything that Nintendo can't implement with a patch/system update?
What is it that Nintendo needs to add that will make people go "Wow, Nintendo's online is now competitive to the ps4/xb1 now."?

I'd like this answer in a list please.

ALSO. IF THE USUAL TROLLS COME IN AND TROLL DO NOT REPLY! IF YOU DON'T FEED THEM THEY WILL LEAVE! DON'T BE A HERO AND ARGUE BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT LISTEN!! THEY NEVER DO! JUST IGNORE THEM OR THIS TOPIC WILL GET OFF TRACK! If you really need to challenge what they say than just make another topic.
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#2MilesTeg420Posted 7/30/2013 9:35:10 AM
An online community that will be strong day one.
#3Oni_TaedoPosted 7/30/2013 9:35:16 AM
Honestly?
Nothing.

WiiU offers online play (which is great, but online MP sucks monkey nuts anyways, but the U's doesn't lag much, so it's good), and the Wii U also has an online store.

That's all it needs.
I don't care about sending videos and stuff from my console, that's what my PC is for.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#4White_Knight13Posted 7/30/2013 9:36:09 AM
Actual Accounts: My 3DS was stolen, lost all of my downloaded games. Which because of the FE:A fiasco, that was on there, which makes me sad panda.

That's my only reason, as I don't own a Wii U, but that's probably the main reason for me other than not having that many games I'm interested in.
#5White_Knight13Posted 7/30/2013 9:38:07 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Honestly?
Nothing.

WiiU offers online play (which is great, but online MP sucks monkey nuts anyways, but the U's doesn't lag much, so it's good), and the Wii U also has an online store.

That's all it needs.
I don't care about sending videos and stuff from my console, that's what my PC is for.

Why does online MP "suck monkey nuts"?

I enjoy being able to play games with my friends, don't you? It's great for me seeing as I live over a thousand miles away from my friends and family.
#6nickvd8Posted 7/30/2013 9:39:43 AM
White_Knight13 posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
Honestly?
Nothing.

That's all it needs.

I enjoy being able to play games with my friends, don't you? It's great for me seeing as I live over a thousand miles away from my friends and family.

Wii U has online play, I played a ton of Resident Evil Revelations with Japanese gamers with zero lag. And guess what? I didn't have to pay a dime to play online!
---
We need Castlevania: Bloodlines on Wii U VC.
#7kingbadjo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 9:42:08 AM(edited)
Ok so so far:

Both have:

Online games
Online store
Netflix/Hulu/Amazon

WiiU missing:
A system where downloads are saved to the account instead of the system in case stolen or broken.
--------------------------

Does the WiiU have those notifications that let's you know if one of your friends are playing?

Wii you also comes with the webcam camera built into the controller, do xb1 and PS4 come with that?
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#8vashtrichamPosted 7/30/2013 9:42:22 AM
Main thing is they have ethernet ports so your not forced to use wireless like the Wiiu. Im not sure about Nintendo but Live hosts the matchmaking and leaderboards for devs so they dont have to which can save them money
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#9White_Knight13Posted 7/30/2013 9:42:25 AM
nickvd8 posted...
White_Knight13 posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
Honestly?
Nothing.

That's all it needs.

Wii U has online play, I played a ton of Resident Evil Revelations with Japanese gamers with zero lag. And guess what? I didn't have to pay a dime to play online!

I understand that. I just don't know how people can be against online MP.
#10MilesTeg420Posted 7/30/2013 9:42:56 AM
kingbadjo posted...
Ok so so far:

Both have:

Online games
Online store
Netflix/Hulu/Amazon

WiiU missing:
A system where downloads are saved to the account instead of the system in case stolen or broken.

Does the WiiU have those notifications that let's you know if one of your friends are playing?

All the Wii U does is give you a flashing blue light telling you someone signed in. Friend list is a separate app and there is no universal messaging or game invite system.