if nintendo fails with wii u, will nintendo fanboys admit they've wrong?

#51PigfartsPosted 7/31/2013 5:31:36 AM
Enigma149 posted...
Pigfarts posted...
Buretsu posted...
Define 'fail'.

'Fail' like the Gamecube, which had low sales but which still was profitable for Nintendo?
Or 'fail' like the Wii, where it had the highest sales of its generation which were "meaningless, because stuff."?

You need to stop thinging in terms of how much money nintendo make.That has no impact on you, and the CEO of nintendo could not care less about you.

Fail I would say is many thing.

1) # of games 1st and 3rd
2) how long the life of the console (the most important point) Nintendo can lose a billion on the Wii U and if they keep making games for the next 7 years, then woot it didn't fail me.

Yes, how much money Nintendo makes has no impact upon us...except for, you know, the fact that that money funds the games we play.

Yes obviously you are missing the point. A HUGE point fanboys bring up is "Nintendo is still making money"

Take sony for example, they lost money for 6 years, and still didn't abandon the ps3.
But it seems you don't understand my point so no need for you to respond to this.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#52Enigma149Posted 7/31/2013 5:57:10 AM
Pigfarts posted...
Yes obviously you are missing the point. A HUGE point fanboys bring up is "Nintendo is still making money"

Take sony for example, they lost money for 6 years, and still didn't abandon the ps3.
But it seems you don't understand my point so no need for you to respond to this.

No, I honestly don't.

I mean, if we're comparing the success of video game systems, and the primary purpose of these systems is to make money for the companies that designed them, shouldn't we be comparing them based on how much money they made?

If we're trying to assess what's good for gamers, shouldn't making a profit be a good thing? Especially for Nintendo gamers, who, unlike Microsoft, and, to a lesser extent, Sony fans, enjoy playing first party titles, titles that need Nintendo to make money to be made?

And I know Sony lost money for 6 years, and didn't abandon the PS3...but I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Nintendo lost money last year, but they didn't abandon the 3DS. Companies are in this for the long haul...and in the case of the PS3, because it would have been far too great a blunder to rush out a successor in just a year-or-two.

So...yeah. I suppose you're right about one thing - I don't understand your point.

Maybe you're trying to argue that the PS3 wasn't a failure, but I'd say it was a failure. It was projected to sell 122 million units by the end of 2012, yet for a long time didn't look like it'd reach half of that (in the end, it fell a *mere* 50 million short). It was supposed to be a financial success for Sony, yet it ended up costing them every penny (uh...1 yen coin...) their video game division ever made. The only really good thing it did for them was help make Blu Ray beat HD-DVD, but seeing as how that didn't happen until 2008, and the system launched in 2006, I don't think it had a very large impact.
---
MOS 6510 @ 1.023 MHz // MOS VIC-II 6567 // 64 kB RAM // 20 kB ROM // 3ch MOS 6581 SID // 1541 FDD // Datasette
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NN, Steam: CrimsonEnigma
#53Tsutarja495Posted 7/31/2013 6:04:18 AM
Why would someone not measure success in terms of money Nintendo makes? They are a business, their goal is to make money.
---
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg
#54Yelnam-26Posted 7/31/2013 6:55:28 AM
"If Microsoft fails with Xbox One, will Microsoft fanboys admit they were wrong?"

"If Sony fails with Vita/PS4, will Sony fanboys admit they were wrong?"
#55VyersPosted 7/31/2013 12:48:40 PM
Yelnam-26 posted...
"If Microsoft fails with Xbox One, will Microsoft fanboys admit they were wrong?"

"If Sony fails with Vita/PS4, will Sony fanboys admit they were wrong?"

The question is phrased because a lot of people are using the "Nintendo always bounces back" argument.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#56CasualGamersPosted 7/31/2013 1:12:33 PM
Wrong about what?

If the xbone fails, will MS fanboys admit that they are wrong (about Kinect and spying being a great thing)?
#57DiscostewSMPosted 7/31/2013 1:15:31 PM
Tsutarja495 posted...
Why would someone not measure success in terms of money Nintendo makes? They are a business, their goal is to make money.

Because they can't argue against Nintendo in that way, since Nintendo is the only company out of the 3 that has been making money solely off gaming.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#58RolloverBouncinPosted 7/31/2013 1:29:58 PM
Bloodychess posted...
I don't think TC understands what a fanboy is

This is how "any fanboy" of "any console" read TC's titled topic:

"Blah nintendo (invisible word) with [console name here], will nintendo Blah admit (invisible words)?
---
---
PC + Wii U + 3ds. Sabertooth 990fx-AMD FX8120- AMD 7950 oc 1200/1500-Samsung 128gb - 8gb G.skill Sniper 1866-Raidmax 1000AE psu-Asus 27" VE278Q
#59AlexPumaPosted 7/31/2013 1:55:12 PM
From the way some of the posters on this board talk, I wouldn't be surprised if there would be people claiming that the Virtual Boy was a rousing success. Nintendo still made a profit the year it was on the market, so it couldn't have been a failure. The only reason they discontinued it was to focus on the N64's launch.
---
http://www.gaming-unleashed.com/
"Oh I can handle any load that comes my way....." - Savott
#60supergamerbretPosted 7/31/2013 2:04:31 PM
If they fail I'm not wrong. They are the best company by far to me. "Slang term for sex" anyone else's opinion.

If I get the games I know they're going to make it'll be worth it.